cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora broadcasts stop

Firemanbob
Local Performer

My Pandora broadcasts just stop. This is on all my devices. Pretty frustrating, certainly keeps me from spending on a subscription.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Firemanbob Thanks for being a part of our community! 

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora if this is happening across devices.

Try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If this doesn't help, I'd be happy to look into this further for you - could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Is there an error message when the music stops? If so, what does it say?
  • Can you provide me with a screenshot (if applicable) of what you're seeing? 

Let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Firemanbob Thanks for being a part of our community! 

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora if this is happening across devices.

Try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If this doesn't help, I'd be happy to look into this further for you - could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Is there an error message when the music stops? If so, what does it say?
  • Can you provide me with a screenshot (if applicable) of what you're seeing? 

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Dfinteriano
Local Performer

Hello, the same is happening. I just changed phones. This was not happening in my last phone.I have tried to shut down already and re starting the phone and pandora....and no change. The music just stops after a couple of mins. Also, one time I stayed active on the pandora app while music played, that was the only time music didnt stop. Can u tell me what else to do to fix. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Dfinteriano ~ Thanks for posting!

Have you tried clearing the app data on your mobile? If not, let's give that a try.

From your Android Settings, please clear the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Calebcarlile
Local Performer

Hello I am having something similar when I am playing my music if I leave it running in the back ground and do other things it stoped playing and I have tried restarting my phone and it didn't help

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. @Calebcarlile 

I'm happy to help.

• What is the make and model of your device?
  • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Calebcarlile
Local Performer

I have the apple iPhone XR and I don't get any error messages 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Calebcarlile Running through the troubleshooting steps listed here should help. 

If you continue to experience issues, please make sure to reach back out and let us know. 

0 Kudos

dhicks5
Local Performer

Your station will be right back....

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dhicks5.

If this is an error message that you're receiving on an iOS device, please try out these steps.

If you're using a different device, let me know the make and model so I can help with troubleshooting.

Thanks for your post!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

helenhughes
Local Performer
Mine is doing this too . It plays for about a minute, no more, then cuts out and another piece starts . So frustrating . I have done the reboot thing . Nothing changed .
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@helenhughes Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screen recording of what you're seeing? 

Let me know.

0 Kudos

evangeliotorres
Local Performer

It's on my Android devise that will not open.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@evangeliotorres Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message when you attempt to launch the Pandora app? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screen recording of what's happening? 

Thanks for all your help with this! 

0 Kudos

GhostShipBlue
Local Performer

I have the same problem. I have a Premium subscription and it constantly stops play with a "Pandora cannot find any content to play for your station" It's composed of 1500 artists across virtually every genre except opera. Y'all have a problem.

0 Kudos