cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/04/20: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected

FLgrl81
Local Performer

I can only listen to one station now!! Very frustrating and I'm honestly about to cancel my subscription altogether. It doesn't matter what device I'm on... I have went back and manually clicked the shuffle button next to each station but it's still only playing one particular station..... I've never had this issue until about 3 days ago.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update: 06/04/20: Thanks to everyone who has reported this issue.

I would like to report that this issue is now fixed. 🛠

I will be closing this thread from comments since this is now resolved. If you happen to experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Happy listening! 😎

View solution in original post

55 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FLgrl81 Thank you for reporting this - I have escalated your feedback to our engineers, and they are currently investigating.

It looks like there may be a bug that is for whatever reason de-selecting your stations from shuffle mode.

In the meantime, they recommend logging into your account on a computer (if possible) and re-selecting all of your stations for shuffle mode once more. 

Let me know if that helps. 

0 Kudos

Luzi2
Local Performer

Can't select stations for shuffle and cannot shuffle all

Yesterday and today I've suddenly lost the ability to shuffle my stations in the Windows 10 app, in Firefox, and on Android.

Yesterday was the first occurrence. I was listening to 1 song through the Windows 10 app, and I then navigated to the Stations tab on the Collected screen. I tried to select the Shuffle All option, but this option was greyed out. I tried to add individual stations to the current Shuffle that had been created by the 1 song I'd selected, and I was unable to do so. I was able to select individual stations, but that is not my preferred method of listening to music.

I closed and re-opened the Windows 10 app. No change. I was unable to enable Shuffle All through the Android app. I signed into Pandora through Firefox and found all of my stations were gone! I was able to re-add all stations, and gave up for the day.

Today, I was surprised to find the duplicate stations I 'd been forced to create were gone, and the issue appeared resolved. However, just a few minutes ago, the same thing happened while I was listening to music through the WIndows 10 app! However, this time, Pandora through Firefox does still have all of my stations.

Is this a bug, and if so how can it be fixed?

0 Kudos

Luzi2
Local Performer

I uninstalled the Pandora app awhile ago from Windows 10, and now everything is working again 😐

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Luzi2 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

0 Kudos

jack508
Opening Act

Under each station that you have in your collection is a blank circle,when you want that station to play in the shuffle mode.You first have to go to shuffle to see the circle.If you want that station to be included in the shuffle,you just put an X in the circle.Well prior to a week ago the stations remained marked after you log out from the listening session.The next day when I would go to Pandora,the stations that I marked to play in the shuffle mode are no longer marked with the preferential X.     ALL the stations  that I wanted to hear when in shuffle became unmarked.If you have a lot of stations that you want to hear when shuffling,it takes about 10 minutes to mark them all over,again.This started only about a week ago on Pandora.Is anyone else experiencing this.Thanks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jack508 I moved your post over to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I have passed your feedback along to our engineers while they further investigate this.

In the meantime, they recommend logging into your account on a computer (if possible) and re-selecting all of your stations for shuffle mode once more. 

Let me know if that helps. 

wmbbjohn
Local Performer

when I have the shuffle on and go to My Collection/Stations there are no shuffle marks. If I put them in and leave and come back they are gone. I don't know what station are in the shuffle.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @wmbbjohn. 👋

Sorry about the trouble with your Shuffle feature. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you using your computer? 

• A web browser or the desktop app?

Or, are you using a device?

• If so, what is the make and model?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mongrel33
Local Performer

When I listen to shuffled stations on Pandora Premium, the selection "bubbles" are left blank. There is no longer any indication of which stations I have chosen to shuffle. I have never experienced this problem until recently. It seems like a graphics glitch. I have rebooted my laptop to no avail. I have also tried signing out then signing back in. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas?

TannerPandora

Hi @mongrel33 thanks for posting. I moved your message to an existing thread because it sounds like the issue you're having: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. I've included your info on our ticket. Be sure to keep an eye on this thread, updates will be posted here as they are made available. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Aitch
Underground

Where did the list of stations go to edit into your shuffle? The web page says I must search for stations to listen to now and there is no list to select and de-select my acquired stations. HALP!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

BetsyRowan
Underground

Your "help" was useless. I had to delete my list. I've been listening to Pandora radio from some favorite artists, same issue, same songs over and over. I don't think it matters what you do, Pandora **ahem** and has no actual variety of music it just peddals generic **ahem** over and over. I will not be renewing next month

Shuffle doesn't work when Pandora gives you the same 100 songs on 20 different lists. I shouldn't put any station on and here the same song twice in an hour. It isn't the users, it's Pandora not giving us new music from what has already been played. Fix it!

Moderator Edit: Format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Aitch. 👋

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Are your stations missing on your My Collection page too?

If so, it sounds like you're running into this issue: Stations missing (starting on 04/29/20)  

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out the @AdamPandora's accepted solution for this thread.

Let me know if you still run into issues and whether you're able to see your stations again. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BetsyRowan

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your shuffle. I completely understand your frustration. In addition to my original suggestions, here are few for shuffle repetition.

1. Create a custom shuffle mix. If you haven't already, try making a custom shuffle. You can include any station you'd like, and this set of stations will be saved as My Shuffle (or QuickMix) on all your devices. Let us know if you'd like the steps for that. 

You'll then be able to check the boxes next to the stations that you want to include in your custom shuffle, and this set of stations will be saved as My Shuffle (or QuickMix) on all your devices.

2. Avoid including several stations based on similar artists or songs. Choosing several stations of a similar style will create a repetitive shuffle mix. When selecting stations for shuffle (or when creating any new stations in general) consider selecting artists or tracks that musically contrast. This will yield a broader playlist.

3. Edit individual stations. In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs up ratings from your shuffled stations to mix things up. If there are any Thumbed up songs you used to love, but have grown tired of, try removing those ratings.

Another great option is to try Pandora Modes. You can find out more about Modes work in this helpful article.

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! 🎵

0 Kudos

BetsyRowan
Underground

I haven't thumbed up any songs on any list because I don't run into the same problem I had before and be told to thumb down songs. It doesn't work. I pick different stations for shuffle. I still get the same songs. Every time I put a station on I can tell you what the first song will be it's completely predictable and the same each time

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BetsyRowan I moved your post to this thread as it appears you are running into the issue with shuffle due to the same issue a few users above reported as well.

I have escalated your additional feedback over to our engineers as they continue to investigate this.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a resolution. 🛠

0 Kudos

BetsyRowan
Underground

It isn't just on shuffle. You get the same songs no matter what you do. I put on one station the other day while I was doing yard work and heard the same song twice within an hour. 

0 Kudos

mischender
Underground

I have the same problem but on a PC - just started.  The selected stations for shuttle do not stay selected.

Repeats of the same song are a requiring problem with Pandora and that needs to be fixed.  Even if multiple stations are selected that are similar, it should be easy enough to program that if a song has been played - do not play it again on another station.  There could easily be a setting to allow for repeats after say 100 to 10,000 songs - simple.  If you need help I can help program it or find someone that can - I know a lot of high school students that have written more complex programs than this requirement. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mischender Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos