cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Linked account shows as unlinked

Jefflmck
Underground

My Pandora stations no longer appear in the Alexa app. It says the skill needs enabled but it already is. I tried unlinking and relinking and unabling and enabling but that didn't help. Also uninstalled and reinstalled Alexa and Pandora apps. Alexa will play my stations when given the voice command, the stations just don't show in the app. It worked fine for years so something must have happened with a recent update. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
42 Replies

Gar
Underground

To be fair, I switched to another service (that starts with an S) and it is having similar issues. I believe the problem is more with Amazon than Pandora.

Need more choices for multi-room music 🙂

Llarelys
Local Performer

This is ridiculous!!! I can't believe so many are having the same issue. We should all go demand Amazon fixes this issue. I already have Pandora and YouTube music. I have no interest in paying for Amazon music. 

Gar
Underground

Sent a bug report to Amazon a couple of days ago. Today, I disabled and enabled my Pandora skill and the Alexa app started working again. Coincidence? Who knows...

0 Kudos

nicocizik
Local Performer

Same problem. It has to do with the “personalized skill” feature added for Alexa. Disabling that feature solves the problem. Hope this helps. https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000AQBWiLSQX/how-can-i-fix-the-pandora-skill

Jefflmck
Underground

Yes it fixed the problem for me. Thank you very much for letting us know about this work-around. It's amazing they have to do a temporary work-around to fix an issue that previously worked fine! 

0 Kudos

Winelion
Local Performer

Thanks, that worked!

0 Kudos

BMSALAZAR
Local Performer

How do you send a bug report?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BMSALAZAR Are you still experiencing issues with this?

One user on this thread mentioned disabling the “personalized skill” feature added for Alexa solved the problem for them:

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q0000AQBWiLSQX/how-can-i-fix-the-pandora-skill

Let me know if this helps for you as well.

0 Kudos

Jefflmck
Underground

Yes the work-around allows me to use the Pandora skill once again. When will they have a fix for the problem? I don't consider it resolved if I have to disable another skill to make it work. Thank you for checking 

0 Kudos

sagmose
Local Performer

I had a similar issue. Both Pandora and Alexa mobile apps showed as linked but the Alexa app and also voice commands to play "on Pandora" commanded me to "enable the skill." I remembered that I once setup my Echo Dot for a kids account. So I realized when I enabled the skill to link the accounts, it was enabled for my "primary adult account." Once I disabled the "kids account" in settings then the link completed for the device and apps. Voice commands and the Alexa app worked as expected. I re-enabled the kids account on the Echo Dot and everything continued working as it should.  Give that a try, good luck. 

JosefR
Underground

Music quit playing yesterday on my dots.  Uninstalled Alexa and reinstalled.  Uninstalled Pandora and reinstalled.  Disabled the Pandora skill in Alexa.  Now I can't link Pandora to Alexa. I select Link New Service, select Pandora, I'm given the Pandora skill page, click on settings, at Add Personal Content I click on LINK, a Pandora screen pops up and I click on LINK NOW and the screen goes away and nothing happens.  What's the problem?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JosefR Were you able to relink your Pandora account with Amazon after posting your message on the community? I checked your account and I do see some new device associations as of today. 

Let me know if you're still running into issues with this.

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

@AdamPandora 

No.  I only posted this a couple of hours ago and nobody has responded. Also, I see you tell everyone you see new associations when they have this problem.   I don't have any new associations, so I don't know why you say that.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JosefR! Please try relinking your Alexa device from the Amazon web site to see if it helps: https://alexa.amazon.com

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground

@TannerPandora

All that does is send you back to the app on your phone.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying, @JosefR. Sounds like Amazon has made some recent changes with how users can link their devices. I recommend reaching out to Amazon Support for further help with linking from within their app.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JosefR
Underground
Yeah, there's no such thing. Just like with Pandora.

0 Kudos

yonceswain
Local Performer

We have had our daughter's echo dot for a few years now and it has always been connected to Pandora. Now it suddenly won't play at all, telling us to enable the skill and link the account. The skill is enabled and the account is linked. We have tried everything possible to fix it, including unplugging the device then plugging it back in after a minute, resetting the device by holding the button, disabling then reenabling Pandora through the Alexa app and through the Pandora app and nothing works. Is anyone else having this problem?

0 Kudos

ToniYoz
Local Performer

Recently I have been having Pandora disconnect from Alexia Show8.  I unplugged Alexia and powered it up again with the same problem.  WiFi Router (NetGear Nighthawk) and Alexia are up to date and switched locations.  The only way I can get Pandora to play again is to say "Alexia Off" then ask for my Pandora selectd station.. any thoughts?  I have no problem with Amazon music.

0 Kudos

ToniYoz
Local Performer

Has anyone experienced a problem liking Pandora to Alexa?  Settings indicate it is linked however, it is not.  There are many others having the same problem.  

0 Kudos