cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV: Station Unavailable Error Message

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 11/21/2019 - Thank you to everyone who took the time to call out this issue. We believe that this has now been resolved. 

Feedback in the thread has confirmed this so I am closing this thread as resolved. If you experience this issue again, feel free to post and let us know.

Pandora Update: 11/20/2019 - Some of our listeners have reported that they are receiving the error message 'Station Unavailable' on their Apple TV. 

We are aware of the issue and will provide updates in this thread.

Thanks for reporting this issue. More to come soon. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
90 Replies

Spongebob331
Local Performer

Same here.  Very annoying.

rsternbach
Local Performer

And this morning the stations appear to have come back. Will check again at various times during the day to see if the problem is truly fixed.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Our engineering team has rolled out a fix. Please try again and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your time and patience. Hope to hear from you soon. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

baldgoat
Underground

Seems to be fixed now. Thanks for getting it resolved.

Eric1
Underground

Hi Alyssa,

Apologies for falling of this chain. Here are the answers...

1. Only happening at home when streaming through AppleTV

2. Happening on all stations

3. WiFi

4. I haven't used Pandora on my phone lately but I suspect this is an AppleTV problem with their latest OS upgrade. Their latest upgrade is also forcing most AppleTV's the shutdown/sleep after 15-30 minutes. People are being forced to change their "sleep function" setting to 12 hours versus a shorter pre-set duration.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vbherr80 @tktiv @ToddP @Eric1 I moved your posts over to this thread as it appears other listeners are experiencing similar issues with Apple TV. 

Per @TannerPandora's post here, this issue should now be resolved.

If you run into any additional trouble, feel free to let us know! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey folks! 

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Per @TannerPandora's message, this issue should now be resolved.

Our engineering team has rolled out a fix. Please try again and let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your time and patience. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

Eric1
Underground

Thanks for your swift attention to this issue! I seamlessly played Pandora for many hours yesterday at home via AppleTV without incident. Greatly appreciated!!!

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eric1 Thank you for taking the time to confirm that your Pandora is working as expected with Apple TV again. 

I hope to see you around the Community often! 🎧

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

ToddP
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. All channels say “Station Not Available “. My issue is on Apple TV. I can sign in/play on all my other devices. Apple TV functionality is working on all other apps (Netfix, Amazon, Hulu). My Apple TV is wired with CAT 5. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora multiple times including rebooting the Apple TV. Thanks for any help. 

MLS991
Local Performer

As of today (11/19/19), I'm still having this problem using Apple TV OS 13 (music stops and I get the message "this station not currently available" on all my stations).  

Is it true that a fix has been rolled out?   Does the user have to do something to activate the fix?    

Thanks, Matt    

Slider
Local Performer

Apple TV A1625 32GB

tvOS 13.2 (17K82)

Wired Network at home.

All stations not available.  

Rebooted.  Closed app.  Logged out and back in.  Closed app and rebooted.  Deleted/reinstalled app. Stations play fine on iPhone 7 using same account using home internet via WiFi.

0 Kudos

322meg
Local Performer

On 11/19/2019 still having same issue as others...uninstalled and reinstalled and multiple reboots

mtipton
Local Performer
None of pandora stations work on my TV. They do work on my phone. TV says “station currently not available”. They all say that. What’s a fix? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled app.
0 Kudos

322meg
Local Performer

Fix did not work

0 Kudos

GK
Local Performer

Ive tried all the troubleshooting with no result. Is it time to switch to Spotify? It's very irritating to pay for a service and have it stop working when I need it (music is one of the things that helps calm my son). Is there ever going to be a fix?

0 Kudos

kabarney
Local Performer

Pandora works on everything (we only have an iPad from apple, everything else is Samsung) except for our Apple TV.  Every time we select a station it says "This station is not currently available.  Please choose another station instead".  NONE of the stations work and ALL get this error message.  I can stand in front of Apple TV and try the same station on the same account on any other device and it works fine.  I have tried everything.  Unplugged Apple TV, uninstall and reinstall Pandora....not sure what else to do.  Please gelp

mtnMan47
Underground

only problem is with Apple TV (tvOS 13.2).  For EVERY station I get the message that that it is not available and I should try a different station.  I deleted Pandora app and re-insetalled but still get the same problem.  The Apple TV is conneccted to the internet via WiFi in the house.  Has worked well previous to last week.  Pandora app works on FireTV and on the Xfinity box.  And works on my iPhone, iPad, and computers.  But it doesn't work at all on Apple TV.

0 Kudos

mtnMan47
Underground

exact same situaiton for me.  have deleted and re-installed app, rebooted, etc.  nothing solves the problem.  does work on FireTV and other TV apps.  Spotify works just fine.

lkozark
Local Performer
I've been having the same problem using AppleTv as well for several nights. Yet my Iphone 7 works just fine while AppleTv gives the error. Pandora needs to get this fixed as it is very annoying and makes me question if I want to continue my paid subscription if they cant get this fixed.
0 Kudos