cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices that Support Premium

jlust
Underground

I purchased Premium and am currently on 30 day free cycle. I loaded albums on my collection with my windows 10 pc; and see I have loaded them successfully. However; when I pulled up my home entertainment system consisting of a registered and linked Sony premium account to Pandora; the blu-ray unit will not display the albums to my TV. I readily see a few new stations that I added after I signed for Premium; but no albums. Could someone help with this please? I probably won't keep the premium account if I cannot control it from my entertainment system. 

Thanks,

Jeff L. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jlust! Welcome and thanks for posting to community. 🎧

Sorry for any confusion. Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

There is a suggested feature in our Feature Request board to expand Premium to all devices. You can check out this post and vote by clicking here.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jlust! Welcome and thanks for posting to community. 🎧

Sorry for any confusion. Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

There is a suggested feature in our Feature Request board to expand Premium to all devices. You can check out this post and vote by clicking here.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jlust
Underground

Thanks for the info TannerPandora,

It appears you guys don't in your list.

Did Pandora go by the wayside in support for the Sony Blu-Ray about the same time Amazon did?..2020? The unit is circa 2016..it really isn't all THAT old...Slacker; WildTV, etc are still using the platform; although I haven't tried to link to the premium package with either Slacker or WildTV. Pandora was my first foray into the premium content.

Sure would like to see Pandora take another "peek" at supporting this platform. This unit works perfectly fine in all aspects, and am not looking to replace. Since it appears that it isn't supported at this time; I will probably rescind my membership to Premium; unless Pandora makes a policy change to support.

Thanks,

Jeff L.

0 Kudos

jlust
Underground

TannerPandora,

That is to say give a "poke" to your manufacturer that they need to support this Ray. A lot of us out here still are running with the Sony Blu-Ray.

Thanks,

Jeff L.

TannerPandora

Thanks for the feedback @jlustWe are actively working on making Pandora Premium's features available through more devices.  For now, you can expand your Pandora Premium experience using Chromecast or Apple AirPlay, 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bobrek
Local Performer

I have Pandora Premium. I was skipping through songs on the '24 Frames (Jason Isbell)' station. I eventually got an error saying I was only allowed 7 skips per hour.

Is that an expected message?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobrek Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Were you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing if it happens again?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

bobrek
Local Performer

**ahem**.  I typed out a long response and it does not show up.  Anyway,  I'll try again. 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra 5G streaming Pandora Premium through the HEOS app to my Marantz receiver.

What I discovered while typing my very eloquent initial reply, is that I can skip a boatload of times when just using Pandora on my phone, so it appears to be HEOS related. Yes, I did verify that I am logged into Premium via HEOS. 

I can't get a screenshot at the moment,  but the first message was very specific about only 7 skips per hour. A subsequent skip produced the generic 'Pandora limits the number of skips...' message.

Thanks for your prompt reply and help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Devices that Support Premium

Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

This includes increased skips and replays which are currently available on the devices listed here.

There is a suggested feature in our Feature Request board to expand Premium to all devices. You can check out this post and vote by clicking here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

MarkZimmerman
Local Performer

I Just purchased a new Denon receiver with HEOS.  I already have a Pandora Premium account on my Android phone with ~ 10 playlists and 400 songs...  All of these playlists are "downloaded" on my phone in my pandora account...  However, I cannot view or play any of my Pandora playlists while trying to use HEOS on my new Denon??  Any ideas?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarkZimmerman I moved your post over to this existing thread: Devices that Support Premium

Because individual manufacturers are usually responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application, some devices may lack Pandora Premium's features.

This includes increased skips and replays which are currently available on the devices listed here.

There is a suggested feature in our Feature Request board to expand Premium to all devices. You can check out this post and vote by clicking here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mmmanring
Local Performer

On TiVo, I can't find a way to play Playlists.  Stations yes, playlists no.  I'm subscribed to Pandora Premium which allows playing Playlists on my computer and Android, but not TiVo. Is playing Playlists on TiVo supported?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mmmanring! Thanks for posting to Pandora community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Devices that Support Premium

Unfortunately, Tivo devices currently do not support Premium features. At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Clare
Local Performer

Is it possible to play Pandora "Playlists" on Portal device?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Clare! Welcome to community. 

I moved your post over to an existing thread: Devices that Support Premium

Unfortunately, Facebook Portal devices currently do not support Premium features. At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here.

However, as a work around, if your Portal includes the Amazon Alexa integration, you should be able to use Alexa voice commands to request your playlists on Pandora. To learn more about Alexa voice commands, check out Pandora + Alexa on our help page. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

cowgirlhippieL
Underground

I’m a huge Pandora lover.  I use it on my iPhone and I use it on my Apple TV.  Now my playlists are gone on Apple TV and occasionally on my iPhone.  I have upgraded and then deleted the App and reinstalled a few times? Help me find my playlists please? 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity & format

cowgirlhippieL
Underground

Reply to Moderator. That’s as clear as it gets.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cowgirlhippieL! Welcome to community. 

I moved your post over to an existing thread: Device that support Premium

Apple TV does not support Premium features. At this time, Pandora Premium is available on our website, as well as the devices listed here. However, you can expand your Pandora Premium experience on your Apple TV by using Apple AirPlay. 

If you are having trouble with playlists on your iPhone, I would recommend creating a new post in our iOS board

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

cowgirlhippieL
Underground

Thank you. I always switch to airplay when it happens. This at least provides some explanation.  Seems Apple needs to make their mind up - they change it on this subject every week. Then it changes back and then again. Some consistency is always appreciated.

Thank you

Melissa

RachelRudeen
Local Performer

Just upgraded to Pandora Premium, but the Onkyo controller app does not show a "My Collection" folder. I can see stations, but not albums.

0 Kudos