cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback: Music doesn't resume after ad plays

kimlotus2540
Underground

This just happening on my Apple MacBook. It goes to an advertisement, I don't hear or see anything but a black square reading ADVERTISEMENT. The music never returns and this goes on well over 15 minutes. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

kimlotus2540
Underground

Hi, Adam. 

Thanks for responding. What ever happened it stopped after 2 days and everything appears like it has for years. I haven't encountered that since then. I was using Chrome and was on your site. One song would play and then it would switch to advertisement, but I didn't hear one. The music never resumed and this happened to all the stations I have selected. 

Sorry for late response. I was away. 

Someone else on this thread is having the same problem. 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

SunByrd
Local Performer

I can listen to one song then an advertisement for Direct TV appears and everything stops. There is no audio and will not advance to next song even after 10 minutes.

I can switch to a different selection, play one song and the ad for Direct TV appears. Then everything freezes again.

0 Kudos

byronbeasley
Local Performer

Hello,

I'm having this same problem. iMac os x 12.5.  Safari 15.6  I have followed all of the Safari Troubleshooting steps from Pandora and it will not fix the problem.

I can only play a few songs until the advertisements play and then the dreaded black square and and the music stops and does not come back even after hours.

I have to close Pandora on Safari, 'Remove All' Pandora from cookies, reopen and login to Pandora, and then after a few songs, rinse and repeat.

This has been an ongoing problem for about 5 days.  Help.

P.S. Does anyone from Pandora look at these problems?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @kimlotus2540 @byronbeasley. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I'd like to gather a few more details to share with our team: 

1. Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?
  2. What time of day did this advertisement last play?
  3. Can you tell which brand the advertisement is for? If so, please provide more details.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SunByrd Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Also, does this only happen when the ad for DirecTV plays, or any ad that plays?
  4. Lastly, the next time this happens, please make note of the date and time the ad played on your account.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

JET
Local Performer

This issue started about 1 week ago, and behaves the same on 2 different Macs. I have already cleared Safari cache and cookies on both machines which did not solve the issue.

When an Ad appears:

• I see the Ad screen, with no audio
  • This same screen is displayed indefinitely 
  • Music playback is not resumed, until and if I change stations.
  • Then the whole pattern repeats every time there is an ad.

Whats going on?

0 Kudos

Dickus
Local Performer

Same thing with my Mac on Safari. Very annoying. I need to get it fixed. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JET @Dickus. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry for any trouble. I have seen a few reports of this on community recently. 

Could you share a bit more info?

1. Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?
  2. What time of day did this advertisement last play?
  3. Can you tell which brand the advertisement is for? If so, please provide more details.

Let me know and I can report this over to our engineering team for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Dickus
Local Performer
Hi! All stations, but these were what I was trying-
Diana Krall.
Jack Johnson
Steely Dan

I never heard any advertisments. Nothing even popped up.
Weird as they always play during the day. Pandora just stops.

Tom
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JET The next time this happens please send us:

• a screenshot of the ad screen while it is playing
  • the exact date and time that ad played

Thanks so much for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Dickus.

The next time this happens please send us:

Thanks so much for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

markusb9
Underground

I'm Having a similar problem, lately.  Streaming via internet/website on my iMac (which meets minimum specs), Pandora will play 2 or 3 songs, then freezes at 'DishTV' ad, and does not resume playing.  It did play again after I erased ALL cookies, etc., but froze again when the same DishTV ad came up.  Seems to be a problem on Pandora's end.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@markusb9 Nice to see you around the Community.

I'm happy to look into this, but will need some additional information before I do so.

The next time this happens please send us:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Additionally, if you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

kimlotus2540
Underground

That was ME! Been using for yrs and then last wk it started acting up. REALLY frustrating. It's now fine. Not sure what happened. I wish or hope Pandora reads these problems. 

kimlotus2540
Underground

Hi, Adam. 

Thanks for responding. What ever happened it stopped after 2 days and everything appears like it has for years. I haven't encountered that since then. I was using Chrome and was on your site. One song would play and then it would switch to advertisement, but I didn't hear one. The music never resumed and this happened to all the stations I have selected. 

Sorry for late response. I was away. 

Someone else on this thread is having the same problem. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kimlotus2540 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

normauribe
Local Performer

the music stopped on Pandora.  there is no sound

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @normauribe! Welcome to community.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

Did this happen on a mobile device, web browser or in-home device? Can you confirm that that playback stopped after an ad?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos