cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Google Play - Downgrade to Pandora Plus

verybestnana
Local Performer

how do i switch from premium to plus went through google? getting the run around with where

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @verybestnana!

At this time, there isn't a way to set your account back to Pandora Plus from Pandora Premium when you're upgraded through Google Play, as we don't have full access to their billing system.

You'll need to cancel the automatic renewal of your monthly Pandora Premium subscription through Google Play first. 

Once you start hearing ads again, you can resubscribe to Pandora Plus directly from our website, or through Google Play.

Please note: that Pandora Plus subscriptions follow the account, not the device. So, whether you upgrade via Google Play or the web, you will be able to use your Pandora Plus subscription on any computer or device you own.

++

You can use these steps to manage your subscription through Google Play.

Let me know if you still have trouble with this.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @verybestnana!

At this time, there isn't a way to set your account back to Pandora Plus from Pandora Premium when you're upgraded through Google Play, as we don't have full access to their billing system.

You'll need to cancel the automatic renewal of your monthly Pandora Premium subscription through Google Play first. 

Once you start hearing ads again, you can resubscribe to Pandora Plus directly from our website, or through Google Play.

Please note: that Pandora Plus subscriptions follow the account, not the device. So, whether you upgrade via Google Play or the web, you will be able to use your Pandora Plus subscription on any computer or device you own.

++

You can use these steps to manage your subscription through Google Play.

Let me know if you still have trouble with this.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

BleacherBum
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue using Google Play.  Could I get some help with this also?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BleacherBum I moved your post to this thread as @AlyssaPandora provided some information on how you can downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus through Google Play. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

katlynm
Local Performer

I want to change my subscription from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus.  I have made multiple attempts at this and have still not succeeded.  

When I go into my phone and the website both, I try to "change my subscription".  It then tells me that I need to go through google play to change it. The problem is that, even though i DOWNLOADED pandora and signed up through google play, I use paypal to pay each month.  

If I go on paypal to cancel it-then it will cancel ALL of my payments through google, and I don't want it to this.  I also subscribe to DIsney + through google--and it will mess with my subscription for that.

If I try to go into google play from my phone to delete Pandora, Pandora does not even show up in my google charges list--Because I pay through paypal and not google.  

Is there any way for a representative to change my subscription? 

I do not want to continue to pay 9.99 a month, I want to switch to the less expensive plan.  PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Kat C

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@katlynm I am going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to help with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

mcdimen
Local Performer

Adam, if I follow the advice above and cancel my payment, then get shifted back to the unsubscribed version of Pandora, will I lose all my stations etc?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mcdimen!

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helped to explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mchippewa
Local Performer

I want to downgrade from Premium to Pandora Plus the subscription plan I was supposed to be enrolled in. $4.99 to $10.99 is a big difference...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mchippewa I moved your post to this thread since you are currently upgraded through Google Play.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to cancel your subscription to Pandora Premium, and instead resubscribe to Pandora Plus.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

TegansJourney
Local Performer

I've had pandora premium for a few months and wanted to return to pandora plus for a few reasons, one being the songs that I lost switching to premium, another being that I just don't like the setup and there's not much I can't do with it that I couldn't do with the cheaper sub. It is giving me no option to return to the plus sub. The only option I'm getting is upgrade for premium family which I definitely don't want. Why?? Do I have to just cancel the current sub and let it go a few days to be able to go back to plus or is it now unavailable to me since I did the  trial for premium and let it go for a few months to see if it would grow on me? I love pandora and have been using it since the days of only one listening option. It would be great to be able to switch subs as needed without a bunch of drama and looking in 10 different places to see if there's a trick to it that I'm missing 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TegansJourney I moved your post to this thread since you are currently upgraded through Google Play: Billed by Google Play - Downgrade to Pandora Plus

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to cancel your subscription to Pandora Premium, and instead resubscribe to Pandora Plus.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Local Performer

Thank you for the information  I'll wait because I've already cancelled my pandora premium through Google play  it good  till june1 afterwards adds will start to subscribe. Teddy Watson 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @2053629582.

Let us know if you run into any issues when the time comes. 

0 Kudos

mjcoyle02
Local Performer

I want to change my plan from Pandora premium to plus.  The Pandora help page says to go to Google Play to do this, but Google Play only allows me to change my payment method.  Then the Pandora help page says to "Go to your stations list and tap the menu icon in the top left corner", but when I go to my stations, there is no menu icon in the upper left corner to select.  The Pandora instructions do not make any sense.  Please help.   My next option is to cancel my subscription through Google Play and start over.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjcoyle02 I moved your post to this thread since you are currently upgraded through Google Play: Billed by Google Play - Downgrade to Pandora Plus

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to cancel your subscription to Pandora Premium, and instead resubscribe to Pandora Plus.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mrbholden
Local Performer

This is the least helpful "Community ever.  Seriously. We need to wait for someone to reach out to us to simply downgrade from premium to plus. What kind of a con job is that.  Okay, so reach out to me. I've been trying to find the answer for weeks and I am merely sent in circles....Never getting a solution. Great way to get more of my money.  I want to switch now or simply close my account.  This is ridiculous.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrbholden moved your post to this thread since you are currently upgraded through Google Play: Billed by Google Play - Downgrade to Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

StephieCR7
Local Performer

I am also having issues switching from premium back to plus. I don't have the "switch plans" button anywhere on the desktop version. Please help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@StephieCR7 moved your post to this thread since you are currently upgraded through Google Play: Billed by Google Play - Downgrade to Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos