cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "Search and play anything" with Plus

Shadb222
Local Performer

Why do I still get commercials when I select a specific song to play? For paying you guys every month there's absolutely no reason I shouldn't be able to listen to whatever I want to anytime commercial-free. I'll simply switch paid music services if this can't be fixed.

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
60 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@v3 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

The ability to select any song or album to listen to (without having to watch an ad) is only an option with Pandora Premium.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this post here.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

dsquire01
Local Performer
I have a screenshot of the subscription offer that says search and play anything. Oh, I can search whatever... but I can’t play anything at all. Is there something wrong or is their ad wrong?
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dsquire01 I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar.

Check out my post here for more information around why you might still hear ads with your Pandora Plus subscription. 

In the meantime, I'll also make sure to pass your feedback around along to our product team as this is all helpful information.

0 Kudos

dwmpasadena
Underground

I clicked on a song I wanted to listen to, and it said something about a free trial for Premium, which I definitely do not want. Now I get horrifying ugly bright colors up on the screen instead of the usual dark blue, which I really liked. Under subscriptions, it still shows me as having a Plus account, so there's nothing for me to cancel. I've gone all through settings looking for some way to just change it back. There's nothing. Am I stuck with this from now on? Thinking of canceling. I don't like things changing without my permission, and I'm very sensitive to bright colors - sometimes it's bright yellow, and I have to put the browser in the background to keep it from giving me a headache. I'm otherwise pretty happy, and would love to stay with Pandora, but this is definitely a potential deal-breaker, considering that there are so many other options. I just want the same neutral screen I always had. Can I get it back?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dwmpasadena I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue.

To clarify, you won't be able to play specific songs on-demand with your Pandora Plus subscription without first initiating a free session of Pandora Premium.

At the end of your Premium session, your account automatically reverts back to your regular service. So you won't actually need to go in and cancel anything on your end, as it will automatically expire on its own.

For more information, check out the accepted solution of this post. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now Playing screen changing colors:

I see you also posted about this in a different section of the community - check out @AlyssaPandora 's reply to your message if you haven't seen it already.

0 Kudos

Whynotkaren
Local Performer
I agree with all of the subscriber comments. DO NOT ADVERTISE something as ad free if everything you want to listen to requires an ad. The description is very misleading. In truth, it feels like a bait and switch. "Here buy this less expensive to go ad free. Oh wait, if you really want ad free you need to upgrade." This needs to be cleared up soon. I am so disappointed in Pandora

Karis21
Local Performer
I just downloaded pandora plus, under the impression that I could search and play any song online. Every time I search a song it tells me to upgrade to premium. Can you not search any song you want on the plus account or am I doing something wrong.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Karis21 Welcome to community! Sorry for any confusion. 

Please check out @AdamPandora post here for more information on why you might still hear ads with your Pandora Plus subscription. 

In the meantime, I've passed your feedback along to our product team, this is all very helpful info. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Corkscrew
Local Performer

I subscribed to this services a couple of months ago. I did a side by side comparison with Plus and Premium and the only difference was Premium offered the ability to share playlist so I of course selected Plus.

Plus was suppose to allow me to play songs on demand which it did for about a month but now it only creates a radio station for the song I request. My only reason for subscribing to this service was for that ability.

I know there are other providers out there and I will be more than happy to explore their options if this issue can not be resolved. I would like a refund and we can agree to disagree on how a customer should be treated.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

TannerPandora

Hi @Corkscrew thanks for posting to community!

On-demand content, such as the option to listen to specific albums and songs are only a feature of Pandora Premium, not Pandora Plus. 

Pandora Plus subscribers get access to our industry-leading internet radio and podcast service with added features to enhance the listening experience.

With Pandora Plus, listeners have:

• Ad-free music;
  • Unlimited skips;
  • The ability to replay songs;
  • The option to download radio stations for offline listening.

On the other hand, Pandora Premium subscribers receive all the same benefits, as well as on-demand control.

So Pandora Premium subscribers can:

• Listen to songs or albums on-demand;
  • Create custom playlists;
  • Download songs, albums or playlists for offline listening;
  • Access Higher Quality Audio;
  • Queue content to keep the music playing. 

It sounds like you've been enabling a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand. 

With that in mind, Premium Access is not available on all devices, such as Amazon Alexa. In this case, if you requested on-demand content through Alexa, and a station was not available, Alexa will create one for you. 

Hope this helped to explain. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kitsumie
Local Performer

I have been purchasing Pandora premium for some time now, and decided to try plus since it says I get everything except being able  to use my playlists. Well I ran into an issue where I am unable to search and play songs and I still have ads. I understand things happen, technology isn't perfect. But when I contacted customer service...things went south. I was told to upgrade to premium....I was sent all the information on how to...I was also given the information on upgrading to the family plan. We have exchanged 4 emails now and the issue still is not being addressed....just spend more money talk...my issue is I cannot use plus as it was described!! It's become tiresome going back and forth and still getting the same thing!! I understand Pandora has other listener plans!! I PAID for one and am not receiving what I paid for...can some wonderful employee pass this to a customer rep.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

rdaloise
Local Performer

I signed up for a paid subscription with Pandora and I still hear/see ads when I try to access albums

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kitsumie I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback on this.

You can check out my post here for more information around why you still might be hearing ads on your Pandora Plus account. 

In the meantime, someone else from our support team will be contacting you again via email to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rdaloise I moved your post to this thread since you were experiencing a similar issue.

To clarify, it looks like you have been unlocking free sessions of Pandora Premium by interacting with an ad.

For more information on why these advertisements are playing on your Pandora Plus account, check out my post here.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Nc4lif
Local Performer

On my phone looking at the subscription plans, it says I can play anything with the plus subscription, I'm with shad. Its false advertising, and if I cant I'm going to be looking for a reimbursement 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nc4lif Thank you for your feedback - I definitely understand your frustration with this.

For more information on why these advertisements are playing on your Pandora Plus account, check out my post here.

You can also get in touch with our support team directly if you have any additional questions.

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos

j4k3
Local Performer

I strongly agree with this.

cminerd15461
Local Performer

So if I am paying.  This is my free trial.  If I pick a song I wanna hear I should hear it. Right?   Well I don’t.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cminerd15461. 👋

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread for more information about Premium Access with your Plus subscription. 

You can also get in touch with our support team directly if you have any additional questions.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Akr305
Local Performer

@AdamPandora  I am running into this exact issue…. I’ve tried everything suggested.  I’m never even prompted to watch a video, and not able to listen to any specific songs — ever.  Can you please check my subscription and offer ideas specific to my account? Very frustrating!  

0 Kudos