cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "Search and play anything" with Plus

Shadb222
Local Performer

Why do I still get commercials when I select a specific song to play? For paying you guys every month there's absolutely no reason I shouldn't be able to listen to whatever I want to anytime commercial-free. I'll simply switch paid music services if this can't be fixed.

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Commercials with paid subscription

AdamPandora

@Shadb222 Our support team has confirmed that you're currently subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

However, we've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you're seeing ads, it's most likely because you're triggering a complimentary session of Pandora Premium without realizing it.

Basically, if you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
56 Replies

Re: Commercials with paid subscription

AdamPandora

@Shadb222 Our support team has confirmed that you're currently subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

However, we've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you're seeing ads, it's most likely because you're triggering a complimentary session of Pandora Premium without realizing it.

Basically, if you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Watching video ads with a paid subscription

Jacksmith
Local Performer

Why do I have to watch videos to play why I want when I paid for a subscription?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Re: Watching video ads with a paid subscription

AdamPandora

@Jacksmith Our support team has verified that you are currently subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium.

I hope this helps to explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

MeghanAbbey
Local Performer

How can you say in the same post that you "updated experience giving ability to listen to on demand without premium subscription." Then you follow it with "if you search and press play, that is on demand, which only premium subscribers can do." 
So which one is it??

While viewing my subscription options before purchasing, it showed both premium and plus abilities and they are both listed to do search and play. 

I feel like u swindle people. It's rodiculous. I'd rather play for YouTube music at the same price, but way more options available. At least they don't lie about the perks to your subscription. 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

AdamPandora

@MeghanAbbey I definitely understand your frustration with this and apologize for any confusion around the capabilities of your Pandora Plus subscription.

The ability to search and play music on demand (without first having to interact with an advertisement) is only an option with Pandora Premium.

While you can also search for specific tracks to be played on demand with your Pandora Plus subscription, you will be prompted to watch an advertisement first to initiate a free session of Pandora Premium (which will then allow you actually play the track that was searched).

With all this being said, your feedback around the wording of our current offerings is really helpful to us, and it means a lot that you care enough to speak up.

We keep close track of what listeners tell us – everything from feature requests to questions and complaints about every aspect of our service is carefully tracked and shared in a timely manner. Rest assured, your voice will be heard.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

Whynotkaren
Local Performer
I agree with all of the subscriber comments. DO NOT ADVERTISE something as ad free if everything you want to listen to requires an ad. The description is very misleading. In truth, it feels like a bait and switch. "Here buy this less expensive to go ad free. Oh wait, if you really want ad free you need to upgrade." This needs to be cleared up soon. I am so disappointed in Pandora

j4k3
Local Performer

I strongly agree with this.

Pandora Plus not working

Mrskarma757
Local Performer

I purchased Pandora Plus, which says I can search and play any song I would like. Every time I try to click on the song I'd like to listen to, it tells me to watch an ad to get pandora premium. I've closed out the app and reopened it and I restarted my phone and it's still doing it. When I go into my subscriptions tab it's saying I have pandora plus but still not getting any of the features. 

Re: Pandora Plus not working

TomRiddle
Opening Act

@Mrskarma757 Pandora Plus only gives you no ads for stations and offline listening. If you have Plus and you want to listen to a specific song or album, you have to listen to an ad first. Then it gives you a period of time where you can listen to what you want without upgrading. When the session ends, you back to Plus. 

If you want to listen to whatever you want at any time, you'll need to get Premium. 

He Who Must Not Be Named

Re: Pandora Plus not working

AdamPandora

@Mrskarma757 Nice to see you around the community!

The information @TomRiddle provided is correct - the ability to stream content on demand (without being prompted to watch an ad first) is only an option with a Pandora Premium subscription.

For a breakdown of the different subscription types we currently offer, you can view this page.

0 Kudos

Hearing ads on my Plus subscription

brucekienke
Local Performer

Need phone number for customer service. Im paying for ad free account and am receiving ads.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos