cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan: How to listen on multiple devices simultaneously

cast819
Local Performer

How does another user use my Pandora simultaneously w the family plan? Thank you 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @cast819! - Welcome to community! 👋

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

You could specifically create and/or add a second account to your family plan for those occasions when you need two personal devices playing at once.

Hope this helps to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @cast819! - Welcome to community! 👋

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

You could specifically create and/or add a second account to your family plan for those occasions when you need two personal devices playing at once.

Hope this helps to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ljmillet29720
Local Performer

I just had a whole house stereo system installed and I want to be able to play my music inside the house when the kids are at home. I need the ability to listen to my Music why I'm driving in the car. All of my music that I have saved under my account I would need it to be able to select it from both accounts? Without have to go and search and put all of my music on the other account. I have saved lot of stations. Is this possible with the family account? If I was to select a new listening station with one Account will this port to the other account in my house? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ljmillet29720 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: How to listen on multiple devices simultaneously

How to listen on multiple devices at the same time:

In order to listen simultaneously across your various devices, you will need to create separate accounts for each of your devices.

Remember, upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

Once those accounts are created, you can then add each of them to your plan, and then share content with them from your main account.

Sharing music from a computer:

You can share content from our website via your Facebook or Twitter account, or by copying a link to share online.

To share what's currently playing on Pandora, either hover your cursor over the album art, or click on the ellipsis (or three dots) for that item. Select Share. From here you can post to a connected Facebook or Twitter account, or select Copy Link to share a direct link instead.

If you need help connecting your Facebook or Twitter account to Pandora, let me know.

Please note that you will only be able to share content via Instagram Stories or Snapchat from your mobile device.

Sharing music from a mobile device:

It's often easiest to share a song, station, album, playlist, podcast or artist by searching for it (even if it's already a part of your collection).

Then tap the name of the song/station/album/playlist/artist/podcast* and tap Share.

From here you'll be able to share your content either through your messages, through social media channels like Snapchat, Instagram Stories or via email. You can also select Copy Link for a direct link to the content you've selected. If you don't see a social media option you'd like to use, make sure that you have the social media app downloaded to your device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

stmacleod
Local Performer

I have completely given up on sharing playlists as nothing has worked. But I'm getting really sick of being told that someone else is listening to my Pandora - especially when I am the primary account holder! We have a family plan - and I've invited 3 accounts. One is my husband's so that he can listen from his phone (and in his car). The other is a second gmail address that I have so that I can listen on my phone (and in my car). The third is my primary gmail address that is linked to my Google Home so that one person can listen at home while the other is in the car (or in another room on their phone). We continue to get the "someone is listening" when we try to listen through Google Home. I've searched and searched for answers in the Google Home community because I can't figure out where it even shows which Pandora account is linked to Google Home. (That is why I just went ahead and invited the gmail address associated with Google Home to my Pandora account, whose primary account is a Yahoo email address.) 

We pay a lot of money for this and it is getting old. All links on Pandora's website have been useless as their descriptions (pathways) for Google Home are old and outdated.

Please please please please tell me how to "fix" this problem.

Primary Pandora account is a Yahoo account. We pay for a "family" plan. This account has invited ...

Account #1 (husband's gmail account - uses to sign in to Pandora on his phone)

Account #2 (my gmail account - used to sign in to Pandora on my phone)

Account #3 (gmail account associated with Google Home so we can listen on Google Home)

Nobody can listen on Google Home without one of the other people (listening on their phones) getting kicked off. 

Please tell me what to do. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stmacleod I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

cvanriper
Local Performer

Can the community get insight into how or if @stmacleod was able to have their issue resolved? I have had this same issue for years now and being in software development myself, I am appalled at how both Pandora and Spotify can not successfully deliver an adequate, easy solution for simultaneous use on a family plan, which is probably the most primary requirement/feature of having a family plan in the first place.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cvanriper The Pandora account connected to your Community profile is currently upgraded to an individual Pandora Premium plan through Google Play.

Check out this thread for instructions on how to sign up for the Premium Family plan: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

You can then invite your other family members to join the plan once you are officially upgraded.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cvanriper
Local Performer

Hi @AdamPandora!  Before I sign up for your family plan, I'd like to see proof that it will work in the context of multiple users playing music simultaneously, preferably on 2 different Amazon Echo devices assigned to the same Amazon household.  I currently have a family account on Spotify, and willing to drop them for your family plan if you can prove that the scenario above is possible.  So far neither of Pandora or Spotify can prove this is possible, which is the ONLY reason I want a 'family plan'.

0 Kudos