cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with direct-billed subscription

H05T1L1TY
Local Performer

I just finally opted to pay for 1 year of Pandora Plus since I'm tired of hearing ads, and the price isn't too bad.  While listening to Calvin Harris Radio all of a sudden an ad starts up, after I've been opted into Pandora Plus for 24 hours.  As I type this another ad is playing, thus making it pointless to pay for your service.  I will be cancelling my subscription immediately after writing this post until you get things figured out.

I saw a related post which you responded with "you must be listening to a premium thing, and since you only paid for Plus you will get ads in the premium stuff" (paraphrased obviously).  Well, that was never my intent, and I should not be able to 'stumble' into a Premium section.  It should be made very obvious with popup notifications that I am leaving my Plus subscription region to play some Premium supported media and that ads will be turned back on.  Were I to give you money it would be for the ability to listen to music without ads, if you continue to make me listen to ads then paying you money is pointless.  And if you can't get the Plus version right, what incentive do I have to upgrade to Premium?  Thought this would be seamless given how simple my requirements are, but apparently not.

Labels (3)
67 Replies

Unsungtune
Local Performer

I've had Pandora Plus for years and am suddenly hearing occasional ads now. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Unsungtune Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Unsungtune
Local Performer
Yes, I'm logged into my Pandora Plus account on all devices. The ads don't
happen all the time, but it seems like they're adding them in randomly
every so often (like once a day). This morning when I started playing a
Christmas music station, I had to first listen to a 20 second ad for Gain
Flings. This feels dishonest on Pandora's part. I'm paying for an ad-free
service, and it seems like they're sneaking ads in here and there hoping no
one notices.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Unsungtune I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

rodhanibal
Local Performer

I signed up for Pandora Plus but i’m still getting commercials 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rodhanibal Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Mamaperk
Local Performer

How do I get rid of ads. I’m on the family plan?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mamaperk 

Welcome to community!

I checked the account associated with your community profile and can confirm that it is currently upgraded to Premium Family.

Can you tell me more about your experience. Are you having trouble with your personal account or another account that you've sent an invitation to?

If you're having trouble, can you confirm the device you're using when you hear the ads? Is it on a mobile device, web or in-home device?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos