cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family from Premium

butterfly72
Underground

I am not sure I undertand the logic here - I was just auto-renewed 2 days ago for the Pandora Premium plan, paying yearly - somehow I missed the email sent a month ago. And today I started looking at the options and found the family option, which I didn't know what an option. Since I am on an annual plan, I need to wait until November 2020 to be able to upgrade? This seems so crazy!! It's an upgrade, you would like they would let you just update to pay the difference! Is there a way around this? It's paid via PayPal. Hmmmm. help please?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, Format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@butterfly72 Thanks for your interest in upgrading!

You should be able to switch to the family plan immediately.

If you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

If you’re ready to upgrade to Pandora Premium Family, you’ll need to log into your Pandora account from a computer, not a mobile device. Then visit this link and select Switch Plans to find your Pandora Premium Family plan options. 

Please note that once you've completed upgrading through our website you will need to manage your subscription from a computer.

Additionally, you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@butterfly72 Thanks for your interest in upgrading!

You should be able to switch to the family plan immediately.

If you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

If you’re ready to upgrade to Pandora Premium Family, you’ll need to log into your Pandora account from a computer, not a mobile device. Then visit this link and select Switch Plans to find your Pandora Premium Family plan options. 

Please note that once you've completed upgrading through our website you will need to manage your subscription from a computer.

Additionally, you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

I hope this helps!

butterfly72
Underground

I thought that would be how it works. But when I get to PayPal, it looks like it is going to charge the full amount - but I already paid the full year for Premium. I just want to make sure I am not double paying!! Will it credit back the part of the PREMIUM that would be remaining? Don't want to pay and then have to figure out how to get reimbursed.

0 Kudos

butterfly72
Underground

Alright - I just wanted to follow up and say that the PayPal upgrade worked. It looked like it would charge the FULL amount - even until I hit submit - but it did acutally PRORATE the current year and I assume it's schedule to charge the FULL amount for future years. Just a little scary when it says the full amount will be charged! All good. Thanks Pandora community admin & chat for helping me!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear that. Thanks for for being a part of the community! 🎶 

Poppy
Underground

Family premiumI have let my last subscription run out it was through Apple. I now have it through Pandora and it was changed to family. But I have yet been able to get my girl to be able to listen to Pandora. I don’t know what to do here so if somebody could help me out I sure would appreciate

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Poppy I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

To clarify, it looks like your account is still signed up for the individual Pandora Premium subscription.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can switch plans to Premium Family instead.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Poppy
Underground

I received an email showing all these different groups I had 25 songs I listen to the 250 songs I listen to podcast so on and so forth there’s about eight or 10 of them. I haven’t listened to a podcast and it says I have and I don’t know what they can see it so I went to the site they told me to go to and it says it is not registered gave me six reasons why would’ve said that I am totally confused all I’m trying to do is get my premium family gone I don’t know why I don’t have family and I I’m so and I don’t know how this works I’ve never used it before. I used it the other day one time and they got an email telling me that I double posted or something I don’t know how to be a violation next time I do it and I have no idea what I’m doing or what they are and why I’ve got so many accounts and not one that I want and I want my bed the family so I would greatly appreciate maybe she might get back with me thank you

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Poppy! I've moved your message to the existing thread that you've already posted in. Please be sure to edit current post to add any new thoughts to avoid violating the Community Guidelines for cross-posting. 

It looks like you were able to upgrade your account from an individual subscription of Pandora Premium to Family Premium. However, it doesn't look like anyone has been invited to the plan yet. If you need steps on how to invite someone to your family plan, I recommend checking out our Help Page here for some helpful steps. 

Also, I'm having trouble understanding your recent post. Can you tell me a little more about where you're running into trouble?

Thanks for being part of community! 😄

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

alexmcenany
Local Performer

I currently have a Premium plan I purchased through the Pandora site and want to upgrade to the family plan on the Pandora site.  The issue is that my annual premium subscription was renewed on 4/21/20 for the $109.89.  When I go to select to upgrade to the family plan, it then wants to bill me the full $164.89.  It seems quite expensive to have to pay the full price when I still have 11 months left on my previous subscription.  Is there a way to get a credit for the time I have left on my subscription or do I have to wait an entire year before I can upgrade?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alexmcenany I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

Since you're already a paying subscriber, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

So you won't actually be charged the full amount if you choose to switch over to the family plan now. 

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

steelbern
Local Performer

My current pandora premium plan expires on 5/21. if I change to a family plan now what happens to my remaining months Ive already paid for?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@steelbern I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question: Switch to Premium Family from Premium

Since you already have an active Pandora Premium subscription, we'll automatically prorate the cost of your first Pandora Premium Family payment to reflect the remainder of the subscription period you've already paid for.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

Shredder4hire
Local Performer

I have premium with a free trial and want to get family premium. If I do this will I lose my free trial? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shredder4hire Unfortunately, free trials are only available to new subscribers who upgrade directly through Pandora.

Each Pandora account is limited to one free trial of Pandora Plus, Premium or Premium Family.

That being said, someone from our support team will be contacting you privately via email to help take a closer look at your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Johnrpearson
Local Performer

Our trial period ends soon and we want to order Pandora without commercials for both my wife and me.  How do we do it?  We want to be sure it’s without commercials!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johnrpearson Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

took a look at your account, and do see you were able to successfully switch over to a monthly subscription to Premium Family.

As long as your billing information remains up to date, this subscription will continue to renew every month unless you choose to cancel.

For future reference, you can use the following steps to change your credit card information, edit your subscription, or update your auto-renewal preference.

If you're using a computer: 

1. Make sure you're signed into your account and visit the subscription details page.
  2. Select Settings and then Subscriptions.
  3. To make any changes to your credit card, click Update.
  4. Enter your card's security code.
  5. Click Save when finished.

If you're using a mobile device: 

1. Go to the Pandora website.
  2. Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left. Then tap Subscription. (Log in to your account if prompted.)
  3. From your Subscription details page select Update to make any changes to your credit card.
  4. Enter your card's security code. 
  5. Click Save when finished. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening to Pandora! 

0 Kudos

sharonst69
Local Performer

How do you setup pandora to allow family members to use my Premium account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sharonst69 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family from Premium

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So if you all plan on streaming Pandora at the same time, upgrading to Premium Family would be your best option.

That way, each person can create their own separate account with their own taste in music, and all still be able to enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription.

For more information on how to upgrade, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Billyr54
Local Performer

I am trying to upgrade to Family from premium plan as well and you would thing it would take an act of Congress to get it done. This is BS

0 Kudos