cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song starts twice before it plays the whole song

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

Each time a new song starts, it plays for a couple seconds and then starts over and then the whole song plays.  It's happening on all my stations, every single song.  Make it stop.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting know about this, @SMR. I've updated the open ticket we have for this issue with your recent feedback.

Are you updated to the newest app version 2005.2

Let me know as this may be helpful for other listeners who are still experiencing this issue to manually update the app. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
37 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VeraJScarlotti Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for your help with this!

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

Hi.  Thanks for replying. I'm listening on an iPad Mini4 through Airplay on my TV.  This just started this week.  It does not do it when I'm just listening to music on my iPad speakers.

No error message.  Regular screen.  It just starts the song and then a few seconds later restarts the song and plays it all the way through.  Does it with every song.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VeraJScarlotti Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

Try running through these troubleshooting steps for your iPad as they should resolve the issue. 

If this doesn't help, please write back with the following:

• The make and model of your TV
  • Do you connect directly to your TV from your iPad, or is Pandora connected through a separate device? (ex: DirecTV, Blu-ray player, etc.)

Let me know.

0 Kudos

kkensimmons
Local Performer

This is also happening on my Iphone8 while when streaming through bluetooth to bose speakers.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kkensimmons I recommend running through the suggested troubleshooting steps I provided in my message above as this should resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience issues with this, please reply back to this thread and let me know. 

0 Kudos

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

Deleting the ap worked.   Thanks!

0 Kudos

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

I lied.  It worked for a while and then randomly it started again...every song started twice.  I deleted the Pandora ap again and it works fine for now.  For clarification, I have been listening for years to Pandora, Sirius and my own music (itunes) from my iPad through the speaker system via my Yamaha RX-V473 receiver connected to my Samsung tv.  This problem just started last week and only happens with the Pandora ap. 

Right now it's working so I guess I'll just keep deleting the ap and reinstalling it when it happens, but if you come up with a better solution I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Leslie 

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

Adam.  Did you see my post that it only worked temporarily?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @VeraJScarlotti. 👋

We did receive your message, sorry about that. I understand how frustrating this issue may be.

You can also tag any of the community moderators individually by putting an "@" sign at the beginning of our names.

Like this:  @AdamPandora @AlyssaPandora @TannerPandora 

++

We're currently checking in with our device team to see if there are any additional troubleshooting steps we can suggest for your issue. If not, I'll reply back on this post to collect more information about your iPad device to report to our engineering team directly.

Thanks so much for your patience during this process! 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VeraJScarlotti Thanks again for your patience!

We created a ticket for your issue with our engineering team so that they can take a deeper look into this for you.

Would you mind sharing more details about your iOS device?

• Yamaha RX-V473 connected to Samsung TV device
  • iOS Device & Generation: iPad Mini4 through Airplay
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Go to Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

++

@kkensimmons If you're still having trouble, could you also provide the requested information above? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

iPad connected to Xfinity WiFi

Yamaha receiver connected to internet via a cable

iOS version 13.3.1

Pandora version 2003.2

No other issues.  This only occurs with Pandora, no other music aps that I use.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @VeraJScarlotti

Shared this info with our engineering team. Appreciate your help with this, and your patience while they look into this issue. 

0 Kudos

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

After a couple hours of listening it's doing it again....

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @VeraJScarlotti and @kkensimmons thanks for letting us know about what is going on.

I'm working with our engineers to help diagnosis this. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this on our end. 

I have a few questions I was hoping you can help me out with.

1. Can you reproduce this on your end and tell us the exact time and date it happens?
  2. Can you include the exact steps you are taking when listening to Pandora. 
    1. Example: Start Pandora, then connect to AirPlay/Bluetooth while the song is already playing...
  3. Does this also happen when skipping/changing stations or just during regular playback?

Additionally, if you're able to take a video recording of this happening to share with us, that would be great. Just let me know and I'll ask a support agent to reach out via email to further help.

Thank you both for your patience while we continue to investigate! 👍🏻❤️

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

VeraJScarlotti
Underground

Still does it so I’ve switched over to Spotify.

0 Kudos

Lidochick
Local Performer

I’d like to hear the result of this thread. I’m experiencing the same issue. The beginning of each songs starts twice. Every song. I’m playing from the app on my iPhone. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Lidochick. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also having some trouble.

I moved your post to the iOS space of the community from this Desktop thread: Distortion / Loud Buzzing Noise Interrupting Songs 

++

You mentioned that you're hearing the beginning of each song twice. 

• Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Are you connected to any Bluetooth devices (headphones, speaker)?
  • Lastly, have you tried running through the standard support steps for iOS devices?
    • If not, I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps.

I look forward to hearing back! 📲

0 Kudos

SMR
Underground

I have the same problem. It seems to be associated with airplay and is worst when shuffling stations. Running latest version of the app on an iPhone with the current iOS. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, which helped for a few songs, then the problem comes back. Thanks for looking into this! Let me know if you need me to post a video.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @SMR. 👋

If you could post a video of the issue, that would definitely be helpful for us to share with the engineering team.

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know as I'd like to report your experience. 

0 Kudos