Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Fed_Lady2021. 👋

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

++

If the issue continues after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @GIJOE0916 thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear this, that does sound very frustrating. 

I’ve asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. 

Can you try the following troubleshooting steps for me. 

First, try rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Let me know if the songs are still skipping. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ShanicaC85
Local Performer

I been have this issue for the last few weeks the song skips to the next song half way thru the song I have turned my phone off and turned back on I have logged out of my account and logged back in 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @ShanicaC85. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: iOS Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Lpricemusic
Local Performer

My account does this too. And it’s anytime I use the Bluetooth feature to cast the audio to a speaker or in my truck. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and I’m still having the same issue. Please advise. 

0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground
Hello Team well that could be easy done cause the phone may need to be
updated an so try it and if not then it's time for a new phone .dont worry
i need one my self cause i have a phone they don't make any more
0 Kudos

Fed_Lady2021
Local Performer

Mine is doing the same thing, did you get it figured out?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Fed_Lady2021. 👋

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.

++

If the issue continues after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

JeffFin
Local Performer

I am having the same issue! So frustrating. There does not seem anyway to report this problem. Seems only option Pandora is giving me is to go to Spotify. I love Pandora, but it is simply not working.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @JeffFin. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with songs skipping. Our teams are available to help via the Pandora Community, email, and chat using our help website. I can help out with troubleshooting the Pandora app on your device.

++

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Haleybmom4
Local Performer

Can you please do this to my account? Same thing that’s been happening to my account. I’ve deleted app and reinstalled several times. It will fix it for a little bit and then it starts again. I pay for my pandora so it’s frustrating when I can’t listen to music I’m paying for. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Haleybmom4. 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your songs skipping.

Are you receiving any error messages when this happens? If so, what exactly does it say?

Do you notice any buffering errors?

++

In the meantime, I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Southy74
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. What is causing this problem?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Southy74 👋

Thanks for being a part of the Community and engaging with us.

As to your skipping issue, the cause has many different variables which include: a poor network connection, an outdated app, an outdated iOS version, setting preferences, etc.

However, most of the time, skipping issues can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app on your iOS device. Please try out our iOS Troubleshooting Steps for a more detailed explanation of how to do so.

I've also enabled a trace on your account so that we can get a better understanding of what's going on.

++++

On the other hand, if the issue continues after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Hope this helps.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

LisaLisa_B
Local Performer

This is currently happening to me as well..it skips every other song and I Cant go backwards. I updated my app and it’s doing the same thing plus my offline music is gone. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LisaLisa_B I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: All Songs Skip

To clarify, does the music skip when your phone is locked or when the Pandora app is backgrounded?

In the meantime, I’ve also enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: iOS Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

LisaLisa_B
Local Performer
It’s both, when the phone is locked and when I’m actively on the app searching for a song on my playlists. I thought I had accidentally enabled a skip feature. It also delays when I try to go to the next song from the phone being locked. Then, 2 songs will play at the same time!
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @LisaLisa_B.

If the issue persists after running through the troubleshooting steps I linked above, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos