cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Edit Shuffle on Premium

RyanKuc2019
Opening Act

How do you edit on what stations get shuffled on mobile?  I know this was an option on the free account but since I became a premium member I don't see away to edit what stations get shuffled.  I'm using an iPhone.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

Happy to help with editing your shuffle.

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

To shuffle an on-demand piece of content such as an album or playlist:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the icon with intersecting arrows on the bottom of the screen to turn Shuffle on or off.
  2. When the shuffle icon is highlighted, it will shuffle all the songs from that album or playlist.

To make the album, playlist or track you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist or album to play in a loop.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

Happy shuffling! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

31 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanKuc2019  You can shuffle either your collected songs or your stations from My Collection🎶

Unfortunately, for now you won't be able to edit which stations are shuffling directly from our mobile app. In the meantime, you can edit your shuffle from a computer and your selections will carry over.

This is a feature we're actively working on improving, so thank you for your patience! The existing feature request for this can be found here

Be sure to upvote any feature requests that you'd like to see implemented by using the ❤️icon.

++

To shuffle your collected songs, sort your collection by tapping the small arrow (or "caret") and selecting Songs. Then tap Shuffle all songs.

If you prefer to shuffle your stations instead, sort your collection by Stations, and tap Shuffle all stations.

Hope this information is helpful.  

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

rowan
Local Performer

My iPad app does not allow me to change my shuffle stations anymore.  I used to be able to touch the "shuffle" menu, swipe left for the "red pencil" and then pick what stations I did and did not want.  When I am under the "My Collection" menu, it only says "shuffle all stations" and does not open up another menu when I touch it.

I deleted and reinstalled the app.  Using iOS 13.3.

0 Kudos

rkaemmer
Local Performer

I am also unable to locate the shuffle feature on my iPhone. Can you please assist?

music2urears
Underground

Should be the following steps:

Pandora App > My Collection > Filter (middle right hand portion of the app) > Stations > Shuffle all stations 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rkaemmer I moved your post to this thread since your account is upgraded to Pandora Premium.

For instructions on how you can shuffle your collected songs or stations on your iPhone, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

Happy to help with editing your shuffle.

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

To shuffle an on-demand piece of content such as an album or playlist:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the icon with intersecting arrows on the bottom of the screen to turn Shuffle on or off.
  2. When the shuffle icon is highlighted, it will shuffle all the songs from that album or playlist.

To make the album, playlist or track you're listening to repeat:

1. Go to the Now Playing screen and select the circling arrows icon on the bottom left of the screen to turn Repeat on or off.
  2. Selecting the icon once will cause a playlist or album to play in a loop.
  3. To make a single track repeat, select the same icon a second time. The icon will change to reveal a number 1, indicating that only one track will be repeated.

Happy shuffling! 🎶

ankarscafe
Local Performer

But does it save for later if i close the app or do you have to go through and choose all the stations again. On the regular subscription, it waves your shuffle selections. On premium it seems to not work or I haven't figured it out. Every day I have to start over. thanks!

0 Kudos

TyBlox
Local Performer

With this update I will finally upgrade and cancel all other streaming services this was the only thing I was waiting for. thank you so very much for finally adding this feature that is VERY important to me. thank you thank you been waiting for this for well over a decade. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ankarscafe. 👋

Your shuffle selections should be saved after you make your selections, and click on the Save button in the upper right hand corner of the app.

If you continue to run into trouble with this, please let me know.

++

@TyBlox 👋 Glad to have this feature implemented on mobile devices with Premium. Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

alramirez50
Local Performer

I just upgraded to pandora premium and I don't get the "pencil" to the right of Shuffle station. all I get is shuffle all stations. what can I do?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @alramirez50. 👋

Could you check to see which version of Pandora you're using on your iPhone device?

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • You can also update the app to ensure that you're on the newest version too.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let me know if this helps!

0 Kudos

rcd291
Underground

I don't have a "Shuffle Stations" option once I've sorted My Collection by Stations.  I had shuffle as a feature on the free version, but the minute I upgraded to Premium, the shuffle option went away on my iPhone.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rcd291. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread in the iOS section:Edit Shuffle on Premium 

I would recommend checking out my post regarding how to shuffle from your iPhone device on Premium here.

++

If you still have trouble, could you share which version of the Pandora app you're using?

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Also, is the Shuffle option completely missing? If so, could you post a screenshot of exactly what you see? Let me know if you need steps to take / share the screenshot.

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

rcd291
Underground

Version 2005.2.  I'm having the problem shuffling when in offline mode.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rcd291

In offline mode, you can shuffle downloaded songs when you have the content sorted by songs, or you can shuffle within a downloaded playlist. 

Shuffle for Stations is currently not a feature.

There is a post for this idea in our Feature Request board. You can take a look at the post here. If this is something you'd like to see for Pandora , please be sure to vote by clicking the ❤️.

Hope this helps answer your question.  

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

rcd291
Underground

Hi Tanner,

I finally took A LOT of precious time to collect a lot of songs so I could shuffle them while offline, only to find out that they don't actually download, they just go in "my collection" which is not available offline.  I now have to go one by one to download every song in my collection - say it isn't so!  Isn't there a "download all" function?

I hate to say this because I've been a Pandora member since 2010, but since switching to Premium, I've had nothing but issues and I'm ready to ditch this for another streaming service.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  We're headed out for a week long, offline, camping trip and I'd love to have some music to listen to!

Thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @rcd291. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this.

Collecting a song doesn't automatically download the song. Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app.

Your three most popular stations (along with Thumbprint Radio) will automatically download for you to access in Offline Mode. If you have not yet added Thumbprint Radio, please let me know.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

At this time, there isn't a download all function within the app. However, I'm sure other listeners would be interested in a bulk download option and this would make a great suggestion as a feature request.

forrests
Local Performer

Is this also available on iOS or iPADOS?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @forrests. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing iOS thread: Edit Shuffle on Premium

You should be able to edit the shuffle feature, feel free to check out the accepted solution of this thread here.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 🎧