Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your post, @Kookie.

Sounds like you ran through the troubleshooting steps but you're still having issues logging in. Just in case, the troubleshooting steps can be found here: iOS Troubleshooting

Could you provide more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you seeing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Skippy thanks for posting to community! I moved your post to the iOS board to keep things organized. 

Sorry for the trouble on your iPhone📱. Let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this will help. If you need steps on how to do this, please visit our help page here

Let me know how it goes. 🤖

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kookie
Underground
Did this work for you? I’ve done this and I’m still having the same issue
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your post, @Kookie.

Sounds like you ran through the troubleshooting steps but you're still having issues logging in. Just in case, the troubleshooting steps can be found here: iOS Troubleshooting

Could you provide more info about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you seeing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Tinder16
Local Performer

@TannerPandora @AlyssaPandora 

and to others who may be having similar concerns. (scroll past the back story (TO HERE), will appear... I was able to connect on my PC and Surface, but not on my iPhone..

I got a replacement device and found this forum yesterday, due too not being able to log into my account on this iPhone 6 S+. It was running IOS 13..., greater than 11, but don't have all the details.

Anyways, throughout this effort, I had, on the new iPhone:

* Installed the Pandora app,. uninstalled and re-installed it several times.

* Attempted several time to make changes to the login information on the iPhone while accessing the Pandora app settings. i.e. tried older email and passwords, attempted to update email or password, all were uneventful in getting it connected.

Skip ahead to (TO HERE). This is what finally got it connected, but not sure what actually solved it:

• On the iPhone, I just followed the instructions to install the app with a free basic account, linked to a different email address,
    • This got my phone connected and able to play music.
  • Then through the apps settings I deleted the new basic profile.

• On the PC (this was done on my Surface, but should work on the PC), in the Pandora App's settings, Edited my info and changed my password.
  • I had also changed the email address in a second step, from (when I originally set it up) to my i Cloud mail (BTW i Cloud account is where my subscription is managed)

• On the iPhone I then accessed the Pandora App. (having deleted the previous basic account, I needed to log in, with my original account's updated (email and password).
    • then came the smile, back to my upgraded account,
  •  This gives me access to my upgraded service and previously collected stations ( ...and thumbs adjustments.)

Good luck to everyone who unfortunately had to find this. (:{)

• Maybe our friends with connections at Pandora... can:
    • Work with developers and other subject matter experts, at Pandora or related business partners, to figure out which steps were actually fixing my issues.
    • With a focused group of experts like this, ask and record a few iterations of each of the 5 Ws (who, what, when, where and why) iterated enough times, to find what some call the root cause(s) of the issue(s)'
    • then produce a specific step'by step, set of instructions to share with this and other forums, with related problems
    • Also, recommend the developers and business leaders decide which root causes can have a plan developed and committed to, then once execution initiated follow-up and follow through, until resolved.

@TannerPandora @AlyssaPandora 

Thanks for helping out the community and trying to get concerns addressed.

Please, make sure others don't call this a rant, but see it as constructive feedback.

I've offered and extenuated to help others, and improve the Pandora product, which I still enjoy and want to keep!

Happy listening and Peace out

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tinder16 Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the Community. 

It sounds like you were able to find a workaround for this, and successfully access your account.

if this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reply back to this thread, and myself (or one of our other moderators) will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

pdhaight4
Underground

After I restart my iPhone Pandora will not let me sign in again. I put in my email and password and it keeps spinning trying to start. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @pdhaight4. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble signing in.

Let's try running through these steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. You can find the steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Since you've recently restarted your iPhone, I would recommend starting with uninstalling / reinstalling.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

pdhaight4
Underground

Uninstalling and reinstalling took care of the problem. Thanks. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pdhaight4 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

ahpajerry
Local Performer

Nothing addresses my seperate accounts so I can see which is the account that includes my Pandora plus premium and the one that does not

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @ahpajerry 👋

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos