cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to control volume over AirPlay

JDJD
Local Performer

After the most recent update, I can no longer reliably control the volume of Pandora when steaming over AirPlay from my iOS devices. When I connect to my Apple TV 4K (the AirPlay hub in my sound system), the sound comes out at 100% and cannot be turned down. This was NOT an issue prior to the latest update. The only temporary fix I found was to uninstall Pandora, then reinstall it... It will then work properly until I shut it down; then back to 100% volume and no control. All of my other streaming apps and Apple Music work perfectly fine with volume control available. This is frustrating enough to consider dropping Pandora after many years of use... Please help!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
28 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jeff-f. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the volume while using the AirPlay feature. Thanks so much for sending over those screenshots.

Just to clarify, when you open the app / unlock your phone, (not from the lockscreen) are you able to control the volume? Or, does the same behavior occur?

If you haven't already, would you mind running through the iOS troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account? This will help us better understand what's happening in case we need to report this to our engineering team. You can find the steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes, and whether you're able to use the physical volume on your mobile device. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

jeff-f
Underground

Alyssa,

Thank you!  I rebooted the phone and the volume control appeared! 

IMG_3873.png

Regards,

JEff

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, @jeff-f. 👍So glad to hear that you're back to normal now.

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

rlb60
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue- unable to control volume from my iPhone model Xs iOS version 16.6.1

I removed the app and reinstalled along with rebooting. 

please advise!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rlb60 

Welcome to community!

Can you tell me more about your experience? Are you missing the volume bar from the lock screen or when adjusting the volume with the buttons are they unresponsive?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rlb60
Local Performer

Both! No volume control on the app (on Lock Screen it’s shown but unresponsive) and unresponsive to buttons. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlb60 Thanks for following up.

Can you please confirm if this happening when playing Pandora through your iPhone, or when using AirPlay/casting to another device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

rlb60
Local Performer
The volume side buttons work when playing pandora on my iPhone. They do not work when I transfer to AirPlay.
See attached screenshot and note the volume control is faded out during AirPlay

Robert Barrett
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us with that info, @rlb60. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the screenshots in your last post.

When sharing a photo on community: You can include your screenshot directly in your post on community. This is best done through a web or mobile browser. You will not be able to share a photo through the email notification you may receive.

In the meantime, I'll share your experience with the appropriate party on your behalf. Thank you for reporting this. 🎧

0 Kudos