cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Crashes Occasionally

Unique00
Local Performer

The app constantly shuts down randomly and it's annoying. Am I the only one this is happening to? I'm glad I didn't buy the paid version or I would really be pissed. And it don't matter what android phone it is. I have a Motorola and a Samsung and it crashes on both. So aggravated right now.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Unique00 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

When you say the app shuts down, does it completely crash and you are sent back to your device's home screen?

Also:

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

C-mcnairy
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same thing on 2 different devices. First the music starts to randomly cut out for 1-2 seconds, without the song stopping,  and then after 5 or so of those interruptions, it varies, the music just stops.  I don't get a message about pandora thinking I'm not still listening, but when I click on the drop down with the song, it goes through the whole reboot of the app, and obviously skips to the next song. Happens like every 30 minutes to me. Pain in my butt

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @C-mcnairy 👋 Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear that your playback stops when playing Pandora, this may be happening because of your battery optimization settings.

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

You can also find more info about the battery optimization in this helpful article

However, if you have a Samsung device, this issue may be related to your "sleeping app" settings. Please check out this post regarding the settings for sleeping apps here.

Let me know how it goes! 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

copaswilliam69
Opening Act

You need to check to see what is using up your memory on your devices first. Also make sure you have the latest version. When I have this issue with any app on my phone I check memory usage first 

0 Kudos