cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving "Error Code 9" Message

Horace
Local Performer

Recieving an error code 9 on my new Samsung S-10. Does not recognize my established log in

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @colinth. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this error code. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Receiving "Error Code 9" Message

Pandora App Version 2008.2 was released recently and should provide a fix for this issue. Could you try updating the Pandora app to 2008.2?

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Touch the menu icon in the upper left and select My apps & games.
  3. Apps with available updates are labeled Update.
  4. Choose any appropriate apps and tap Update.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

If you still encounter this issue after updating, please provide the requested device information here.

Then, I'll need to share this information with our engineering team.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Horace Sorry for the continued trouble with accessing your account.

I moved your post over to a new thread as this sounds like a separate issue.

Would you mind trying out these steps?

++

If you still have trouble, please provide the following information so I can report this to our engineering team:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G when this is happening?

Let me know how the steps work for you.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Brookie33
Local Performer

Error code 9? 
how do I resolve 

0 Kudos

TmacPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hello @Horace and @Brookie33,

Sorry that you got into that state. We're aware of it and are investigating a permanent fix.  Meanwhile, the workaround is to go into application settings and clear the data of the Pandora app and login again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TMac | Staff Software Engineer

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Yovanig34
Local Performer

Im getting error code 9 when i try to set uo a new acvount on my new phone

TannerPandora

Hi @Yovanig34 thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you have the same error message. 

I'd try the troubleshooting steps that @AlyssaPandora mentioned above. You can find those steps here

Let me know if you continue to have trouble. 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

brian1
Local Performer

@Horace wrote:

Recieving an error code 9 on my new Samsung S-10. Does not recognize my established log in

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @brian1. 👋

Looks like your post may have showed up blank.

Are you having trouble with this error message as well?

If so, please try out the steps from my message above - it can be found here.

0 Kudos

music11
Local Performer

I have a Samsung 50.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @music11. 👋

Sounds like you may be having trouble with this too.

Please try out the steps from my message here.

Let me know how it goes! 🎼

0 Kudos

teihinger
Local Performer

help can't get to pandora  I've tried support@pondora.com  error code 9 nothing works I want to go out for a walk gotta have my music

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @teihinger let's try some troubleshooting.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

King_Salvi
Local Performer

Hey Guys!

Having a weird issue. I have the new Pixel 4XL. Up until today, Pandora was working flawlessly. However, for whatever reason today, I cannot get Pandora to play. When I open up the app, it just keeps buffering. After a few seconds it'll skip to the next song and it repeats; buffer and then skip. When adds come on, it will load the add and it plays, but returns to buffering and skipping. Same thing happens when on wifi. I have full connection. I am able to surf the web, other music apps work like spotify, amazon music, and youtube. I tried all the troubleshooting techniques. I tried clearing cache; the app is installed on phone directly; I tried uninstalling, restarting the phone and reinstalling; I made sure the app was up to date; I tried playing Pandora on other devices and they work (Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Computer); tried different version of Pandora and all the same issue.

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with my issue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@King_Salvi Sorry for any trouble you are experiencing.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for Android devices provided on our help page as that should resolve the issue with buffering.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

King_Salvi
Local Performer

@AdamPandora

Solutions did not work. But I think I did find a way, still testing it out. So what I did was I logged out of Pandora. I got an error code: 9. App froze and had to force close. I re-opened the app and logged back in. I was able to log in. The app skipped 3 songs then it started playing. At the moment, it is now working correctly, at least on wifi. I will going out in a bit. I will test it further. I will report back once I have more info 🙂

0 Kudos

King_Salvi
Local Performer

@AdamPandoraOk scratch my previous statement. The app stopped working. Went back to buffering and skipping. However, I tried something else. I logged out again, got the error code:9 again. This time I logged into my wife's Pandora and it worked without any problems. I could use it with or without wifi, everything was playing, skipping, just like its suppose to. So it seems that the issue has to do with my account. Is there some way you guys could a look and see whats going on? Thank you!

I just confirmed. I logged out of the app no error from my wife's account. I logged into my account and it went back to buffering and skipping. I logged out and got error: 9 again. So it's definitely something to do with my account.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @King_Salvi. 👋

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble. Thanks so much for providing this helpful information about your experience. I'd like to report this over to our engineering team. Other listeners have mentioned similar issues with that error code and I'd like to share your feedback with the team.

• Model: Pixel XL
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks again for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

King_Salvi
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora 

Hi Alyssa!

I can definitely help you out with more info. Below is all the requested info.

• Model: Pixel 4 XL
  • Carrier: ATT
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 10
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): QQ2A.200501.001.B2 test-keys
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): N/A
  • Pandora version: 2005.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both. Wi-Fi or cellular it happens the same on either one. 

Current Work Around: I created a new profile using another email I have. I shared my favorite stations to the new profile and I am now up and running. Everything is working as it should. No more error:9 and no buffering. Please let me know when there's a fix. That would be amazing. Again, I am only having issue on my Pixel. My old phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 +), my wife's iPhone, my laptop, and even my car's android radio in my car play my profile on the Pandora app just fine. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @King_Salvi. This is extremely helpful.

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team for further review.

Appreciate your patience while we look into what's happening. 🎧

0 Kudos

colinth
Local Performer

Recently tried out a subscription trial. Works fine on most devices, by my android tablet just buffers forever and gets and error code 9. I cleared the app cache and everything, and logged in again... same issue. Help?

0 Kudos