cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Can't Pause on Now Playing screen

trekidaho
Underground

After the recent update, I can no longer pause play from the Now Playing screen.  Please restore this ability.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

trekidaho
Underground

And I went to Settings>Apps>Pandora and hit Repair.  That did the trick!  Thank you.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @trekidaho I moved your post to the our Android board since you mentioned having trouble pausing on the Now Playing screen. Since this feature has not been removed, let's try some troubleshooting steps for your device to see if they will help. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

You can also click here for more info and helpful troubleshooting steps for Android devices. 

Hope this was helped and thanks for posting to community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

trekidaho
Underground

But this is on Windows 10........

trekidaho
Underground

And I went to Settings>Apps>Pandora and hit Repair.  That did the trick!  Thank you.

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trekidaho Glad to hear that the troubleshooting worked for you! 

I went ahead and accepted your post as a solution so others who are looking for this information can easily find it.

I hope to see you around more often! Happy listening! 🎧

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

ruok
Local Performer

As trekidaho said, this is happening on *Windows 10* and it is now happening to me as well. What's the solution there??

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ruok. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10?

Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Let me know and I can follow up with you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ruok
Local Performer

I'm using the web version on Firefox 102.0.1.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ruok To clarify, are you not seeing a Pause icon at all on your screen?

Or is the issue that when you click on the Pause icon, music continues to play instead of stopping?

In the meantime, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Firefox Troubleshooting

Let me know.

0 Kudos

ruok
Local Performer

The pause button is there, but *sometimes* it simply does nothing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @ruok.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this after running through our suggested troubleshooting steps: Firefox Troubleshooting

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

gehylan
Local Performer

I have the same problem using on Chrome.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @gehylan. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the pause button when using your Chrome browser. 

Let's try these steps: 

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Moggitte
Local Performer

Nope - I have Windows 10.  I went to SETTINGS, but did not find an APP option.  I don't have a way to pause, no way to skip a song, no way to thumbs up or down.  I am using Google Chrome.    I can't pause, skip a song, or thumbs up or down.  HELP!

Got another suggestion?

Ya know, there are so many of us having trouble, and we keep writing for more and more suggestions because the ones you've already given don't really work. 

It should be obvious that folks on your end didn't think through what they were doing to update Pandora.  Why don't you fix it instead of putting us through all these machinations?  Now you're suggesting that I let Pandora into my Firewall and antivirus?  No, I don't think so. 

I've enjoyed Pandora and have a subscription here at home and a separate one at work.  If this problem persists, I see no reason why I should continue to pay for this service.  

Please fix it.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Moggitte. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. I completely understand your frustration. 

Two Subscriptions:

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts. This also means you can use the same subscription at home and on your work computer to listen to your stations.

++

In your case, I would do these steps:

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Turn off extension.

4. Try a different browser.

• Using a different browser such as Firefox or Microsoft Edge may help.
  • This can also help us determine whether the issue is browser-related.

5. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

++

We also have the Pandora Desktop App available for Windows. If you'd like to try this option instead, feel free to check it out here.

0 Kudos

Moggitte
Local Performer

I have tried everything you have suggested, short of letting Pandora inside my firewall and trying another browser. It's just not worth it to go through this trouble when I have other - perhaps better (according to reviews) options.  I am cancelling both of my subscriptions and going elsewhere.

0 Kudos