cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drake station gets added when app is launched

Samthepegasus
Local Performer

I started getting an ad for this new Drake song, called Slide or something. I don't like rap, so I ignore the ad. But now any time I open the app, it creates a Drake station. I've deleted it about three times today. This last time it didn't show up in my stations, but it was still playing as though I had a station for it, so I couldn't delete it.

Please help, I don't know what to do to stop this station from showing up.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
30 Replies

Jhf122
Underground

I have been running into this issue recently too, which I’ve never experienced before. Thank you for looking into this. 

0 Kudos

Ladyraja
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue with the Drake station?! I hate it 😥 it will literally stop my song (my stations are on shuffle) and bam! It creates the Drake station and starts playing that terrible **ahem** he calls music. I have deleted it about 13 times now. I saw the push notifications and ads for Drake but have never clicked on one? This is on my iPhone. I saw a few people with desktops having the same issue. Someone told them to look at their bookmark and make sure it was solely the pandora link with nothing else added. It fixed their desktops but I wouldn’t even know where to begin on my iPhone ? Please send help! I can’t stand that guy!

TannerPandora

Hi @Ladyraja and @Jhf122! Thanks for visiting community and posting your experience. 

I know exactly how you feel because this happened to me too. I don't listen to Drake and then bam!, he's on my station list. 

I've included your info (next to mine 😁) on our ticket for this. We're looking into it and appreciate your continue patience during this time, I know how frustrating it can be. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MeJoPo
Local Performer

I am having the same problem! It’s driving me nuts. I hate rap, and I’ve literally never listened to Drake in my life. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @MeJoPo. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. Our engineering team is aware of this issue, and they are investigating.

I've shared your experience with them. Appreciate your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

davidjharris123
Opening Act

I've tried switching between offline and online modes and haven't been able to reproduce the issue.  The problem hasn't reoccurred since.  I can report back if happens again in an environment where I'm going in and out of cell reception as was the case before.

Thanks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davidjharris123 Thank you for updating us on this. 👍🏽

0 Kudos

Gingerdawn
Local Performer

I am having this issue as well. It will not let me delete it which is incredibly frustrating. It is so intrusive for this music to just start playing out of nowhere. 😞

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @Gingerdawn.

I have passed your feedback along to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

beckyswebb
Local Performer

I'm having this issue as well.  I've deleted Drake Radio 3 times so far.  It's particularly problematic because I'm putting Pandora on around children and it's just been auto playing as soon as I put the app on.  I don't want to play Drake for other people's children!  I don't want to play Drake at all, really.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @beckyswebb. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I've reported this issue and your feedback over to our engineering team. 

We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos