cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Station playing VERY wrong genre songs:

Sunday Appropriate(https://www.pandora.com/station/132923261364216789)

Out of place artists(or at least what's showing in the 'artist' spot) & Tracks:
The Grudge 2 (Film Score) - Track: Seme
Secession Studios & Secession Studios - Track: Dancing with Flames
Tadayoshi Makino - Track: FFVII REMAKE: The Drum
Adam Skorupa - Track: An Ominous Place
Wreck-It Ralph (Soundtrack) - Track: Rocket Fiasco (From "Wreck-It Ralph"/Score)
Yuka Kitamura - Track: Malenia, Blade of Miquella
Christopher Young - Track: Dead or Living?
Sean Aschafianski - Track: A Sacrifice
Gareth Coker - Track: Lost In The Misty Woods
Gavin Greenaway - Track: The Might of Rome
Two Steps from Hell & Thomas Bergerson - Track: He's The Giant
Jay Vincent & Michael Kramer - Track: Horns of Destruction
The Corpse Bride (Film Score) - Track: Casting a Spell
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Ezo in Florence
Benjamin Wallfisch - Track: Georgie, Meet Pennywise
Kevin Kiner - Track: Darth Maul Breaks Obi-Wan
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Depths Of Vashj'ir
The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Am I Not Merciful?
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Angrathar's Shadow
Ron Grainer - Track: Doctor Who 1987
Fallout New Vegas (Original Game Sountrack) - Track: Out of Business
Graeme Revell - Track: Rememberance
Spartacus: Blood And Sand (Film Score) - Track: Reunion Imminent/Tragic Reunion
Mark Ayres - Track: Main Theme (From "A Nightmare On Elm Street")
Natalie Holt - Track: TVA Inner Workings
Anthony Hopkins, Libera, The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Zimmer: Dear Clarice

Yes, I was able to give these a Thumbs down. I refered to the stations thumbs-down list to give you this^.

As can be seen in the screenshots from my phone, these were all while listening via "My Station" mode

*ATTENTION*  I've also included some screenshots of songs that WERE supposed to be played & it played the piece from The Grudge 2 after playing many of the correct, Thumbs UP'd ones(visibly in the screenshots).  This is to give yall a quick idea of the kind of music the station is SUPPOSED to play.

Seriously guys, this screw up is almost as bad as listening to Christian hymns & then someone blasting Satanic Death Metal music over it.  COMPLETELY the opposite of what I've been led to believe is the point of the Music Genome Project. -_-

Screenshot_20221011-080202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!

Screenshot_20221011-081202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!Screenshot_20221011-090459_Pandora.png<SERIOUSLY SCARY MAN! W.T.H?!Screenshot_20221011-090526_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090531_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090534_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090543_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090547_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090552_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYPandora Playing Ominous Among Hymns -_-.png<THIS one played WHILE I was constructing this post/response!

Labels (2)
108 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roaryrocks Thanks for following up with that update, and happy to hear that resolved the issue for you.

This being said, I did make sure to pass your feedback along to our engineering team so they can help investigate why the tracks you reported played on your station based off of the seeds that were added.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roaryrocks I wanted to provide you with another update from our engineering team.

It looks like you gave a thumbs up to the following tracks which are likely the culprits of the out of place hip-hop tracks you were receiving:

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 1.59.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 1.57.08 PM.png

I recommend removing those three tracks from your Thumbs Up list to get your station back on track.

As for the other songs you mentioned, I will have our engineering team continue to look into it.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Roaryrocks
Local Performer

I have a station made from music like In Flames, Motionless in White, War of Ages, and Trivium. It’s becoming a problem where “Discovery” is playing appropriate track in line with my seeds and Thumbed up songs. Meanwhile “my station” is playing completely wrong music.

This started happening today with increasing frequency over the last hour. I’ve already had to completely delete a station due the the buggy algorithm completely ruining my station.

It keeps playing music like Metallica, Pantera, Blink-182, Sum 41, Disturbed, and Slipknot. Now I don’t dislike that music, it’s just NOT what my station is for. It feels like it’s bleeding seeds from other stations. This has gotten increasingly frustrating and I’m seriously considering using a different service considering the repeated issues I’ve had with the platform.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roaryrocks I moved your post back to this thread since it sounds like you are still having issues: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos

Roaryrocks
Local Performer

I already answered all of those questions in my post.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roaryrocks You originally posted about a station named Late 90's to Early 2000's Bangers - is that the station you are still experiencing issues with?

It doesn't look like that station is in your collection anymore.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Roaryrocks
Local Performer

I didn’t fix it. I just deleted the station entirely and made a new one

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

Why are you playing carpenters songs on a station I tailored for country music?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I created a station for R&B and Disco so why do I get Elton John, Eagles & Phil Collins. Come on. Not what I expect when I create stations. I have specific ideas on what my stations should play.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I moved your new message back with your original post.

I'm going to need you to follow up with all of the information I requested in my previous post before I can help look into this further.

Here is what I sent:

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough

I am not able to get a screenshot. This  am,I created a station for Lionel Richie, but I have heard Phil Collins, Genises, Elton John, Eagles, Player all today and am in station mode. These artists are out of place.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@378018 I took a look at your entire listening history on 05/28/23, and the only artist you mentioned that played yesterday was two tracks by the Eagles. None of the other artists you mentioned played from what I am seeing.

Those tracks by the Eagles played when you were listening to the following stations:

• Frankie Valli Radio
  • Rupert Holmes Radio

If you notice any out of place tracks playing on your Lionel Richie station moving forward, please give the tracks a thumbs down, and then reply back to this thread and let me know.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

awoit
Local Performer

Doesn’t matter if I’m on Iration, Rebelution, or Marley radio - every 2 or 3 songs it switches to dubstep/EDM, and often takes two downvotes or more to get back to the correct genre.

Is this because of songs I’ve liked on other stations in the past (meaning if I create a new account it should correct itself), or something else?

It wasn’t always like this, but has been an annoyance for a while now.

The app should be smart enough to realize (after 100+ skips of anything Dubstep/EDM related) that I don’t wanna hear that on these stations.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@awoit I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

took a look at your account, and can see the out of place tracks are being played on your Iration Radio station - I didn't notice any other out of place tracks on the two other stations you mentioned.

The out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you've added to Iration Radio: Pretty Lights

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seeds that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 9.47.45 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DylanvK
Local Performer

I have had this account since 2009 before I got psychosis for the first time.  This account has been through everything with me, including me having a shamanic union and seeing God.  After I got out of that world I wanted to create my Goddess on Pandora, this was in 2014.  The account then broke and has been abusing me through any means it can to emotionally stress me out, constantly.  I just upgraded the account yesterday so I could give it more thumbs downs seeing how it will play 4 emotionally abusive rap songs in a row all getting thumbs downed.  I have documented it's abuses on tumblr.com/neohowphinktams and I really want to delete this account but I can't for a whole month.  I need to delete this account.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DylanvK I definitely understand your frustration.

Since it sounds like rap music is playing on your station despite you not wanting it to, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

TroyAnderson
Local Performer

I listen to Pandora Premium all day at work.  I typically listen to my Slayer channel.  Starting last Thursday, I started to get Pop music, like One Republic, mixed in with my Slayer.  This is completely unacceptable.  I am ready to cancely my subscription.  I did not sign up to listen to **ahem**ty boy bands!!  I'm not a **ahem** teenage girl

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TroyAnderson I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

took a look at your Slayer Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you've added: OneRepublic

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 11.30.53 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

blueballsince99
Local Performer

I have added several heavy metal/power metal stations, yet I experience an extreme disconnect when in the middle of what I'm actually wanting to hear a song from a group that I can best describe as folkish country plays.  I downvote the song as soon as I can, yet after 20-30 minutes I hear another song in the same genre, frequently the same band, inevitably intrudes on my metal time.  No matter how many times I downvote the songs and upvote the metal ones I keep getting folk country thrust at me.

Please give us the option to downvote artists so they stop showing up at all.  When you carefully select an all metal station lineup, there isn't really anything to connect it to folk, country, or any blend of those two other than the fact that they all use guitars.  Purge the outlier from the sample pool to further refine the suggestions.

0 Kudos