cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

l29jm3
Local Performer

I just canceled my pandora subcription which I had through itunes.  I want to resubscribe to the pandora family plan through Pandora but it says my subscription doesn't expire until 12/2.  Is there a way to force this subscription to end now, so I don't have to wait?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
97 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960  I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to see if they can further assist with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Thank you Adam from your assistance! It is much appreciated, and I am all signed up with the Family plan!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @joemd1960. 😎

Enjoy the music! 

Sarahcrane1017
Local Performer

Can someone tell me when my billing cycle ends so I can upgrade to the family plan? I’ve already canceled my subscription through iTunes. iTunes says my subscription has “expired”. Now is just the waiting game?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sarahcrane1017 Unfortunately, we don't have access to the Apple billing system, so I'm not able to tell whether you successfully disabled auto renewal. The best thing to do would be to revisit your Apple subscription page to check. You can view Apple's see or cancel your subscription steps for more info.

Alternatively, you could contact the Apple support team directly, and let them know that you'd like to verify that you have canceled the auto renewal on your subscription.

When you start hearing ads again on your Pandora account, you can then upgrade to the family plan here.

Hope this helps!

CG15
Local Performer

I need help adding an account to my family plan.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CG15 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

SH79
Local Performer
  • How do I change plan to family plan since my payment is due through Apple
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SH79 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family or joining someone else's plan, you'll first need to cancel your subscription with Apple, and then wait for your it to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can see if you are eligible for any trials, as well as sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

This will not result in the loss of any of your collected stations or playlists.

*You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

pat_lee
Local Performer

I've completed the cancellation of my iTunes account with Pandora but am still unable to sign up for Pandora family on the website.  Help PLease!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pat_lee I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

You'll first need to wait for your subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

This will not result in the loss of any of your collected stations or playlists.

*You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

0 Kudos

Cfischerman
Local Performer

I am hoping to upgrade to a family plan but my original account is through iTunes.  Pandora is telling me to cancel my iTunes account and start a new one to get on a family plan; will this action delete all the music I have built up over the years as a subscriber?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cfischerman I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

No - canceling your subscription through Apple, and resubscribing the Premium Family through our website will not result in the loss of any of your collected stations.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos

LF1
Local Performer

My debit card changed now I've lost my family plan how do I get it back 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LF1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

It looks like you recently signed up for an individual Premium subscription through Apple.

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family or joining someone else's plan, you'll first need to cancel your subscription with Apple, and then wait for your it to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can see if you are eligible for any trials, as well as sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

marylnsky
Local Performer

I want to upgrade to a family plan but I originally subscribed via iTunes and from what Ive read you need to cancel then resubscribe.  If that is correct, is there any way to get my curated music/account to follow me to the new plan?  Ive been using pandora for over 10 years and do not want to loose all the music Ive customized.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@marylnsky I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

To clarify, you will only lose access to your Premium content in that short time between when your current subscription through Apple expires, and when you resubscribe to Premium Family.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

When your subscription through Apple expires and you start hearing ads again, you can upgrade to Premium Family through the Pandora website

0 Kudos

cdirmeyer
Local Performer

No such method exists on iTunes subscription for Pandora Premium. I would like to know how to add a family member.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdirmeyer I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, you'll first need to cancel your subscription with Apple, and then wait for your it to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

0 Kudos

cdwestby
Local Performer

When switching from Apple-Pandora Premium to a Pandora Premium family subscription will I lose all the music genres/artists I’ve established and have to rebuild these from scratch?

0 Kudos