cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

l29jm3
Local Performer

I just canceled my pandora subcription which I had through itunes.  I want to resubscribe to the pandora family plan through Pandora but it says my subscription doesn't expire until 12/2.  Is there a way to force this subscription to end now, so I don't have to wait?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
97 Replies

MusicFan00812
Underground

But this doesn’t make sense because I don’t want to end my subscription. That’s what is absurd. I want to upgrade it.  I have an option to upgrade from plus to premium on apple, so clearly I can change it. I’m not forced to end my subscription for that. So why am I for the family subscription?  This is a very dumb problem that shouldn’t be happening. It is a major inconvenience. Pandora is needlessly inconveniencing their customers.  It needs to be fixed.  Thank you for passing along my feedback.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan00812 Unfortunately at this time, the family plan is only available when upgrading directly through the Pandora website.

Since you are currently billed through Apple, there isn't an easy way to transfer your subscription from their service directly to ours.

If you'd like to see the family plan available through Apple, I recommend creating a feature request with your suggestion as I'm sure it is something many others would be interested in seeing as well.

Thank you again for all of your feedback, and we apologize again for any inconvenience. 

0 Kudos

mslubicki
Local Performer

Hi,

I have read the history on the ridiculous process of upgrading to a family account on pandora if you subscribe through google, itunes, etc. It seems you have to cancel your current subscription, wait for ads to appear, then upgrade on a computer.

The problem is, if you have a monthly or annual subscription, you have to wait until that period is up. In my case, I have to wait 27 days to make this happen for my family. I can't believe it's this difficult and this definitely means people are more likely to look for music apps elsewhere. Pandora really needs to fix this.

My question is whether I can work around this by:

-creating a new account, on my laptop, and subscribing to family plan

-inviting myself and family members from the account (I assume we can all keep our playlists)

Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I can still login as myself and play my music, right?

Thanks all,

Ms

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mslubicki I am going to have someone from our User Support team reach out to you separately via email to help with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

Mirna
Local Performer

My family plan automatically downgraded. Why? Pandora doesn’t have customer service that isn’t a robot, and I need my subscription restored back to the family plan I originally had. I hope someone reaches me soon. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mirna It looks like we were not able to automatically renew your Pandora subscription, due to an issue with the payment information on file, so the subscription expired. For more information, please contact your bank or credit card company.

Shortly after your family plan subscription expired, it looks like you then signed up for a new subscription to Pandora Premium through Apple.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end. 

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family again, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family from a computer, not a mobile device.

You can find instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Apple here: Manage subscription: Apple (iTunes)

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

royfamilia97
Local Performer

why do we have to wait till the plan expire in order to change the plan? especially for those of us who do the family plan. what is our family suppose to listen to...when they had their personal lists saved on the family plan

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

christo_clark
Local Performer

I upgraded from Plus to Premium thinking that would allow me to then switch from premium individual to premium family. Now it is telling me that I have to wait for my individual premium to expire next month before making a new family account? If that is the case, that's unfortunate. Ive been a Pandora subscriber for years. I dont want to switch to Spotify, but unless something can be done to transfer my account from individual to family without waiting a month for a subscription to expire before making a new family account....we'll likely migrate to spotify for the same level of effort. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@christo_clark I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to see if they can further assist with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

Mrs_blake2009
Local Performer

Linking Pandora premium How do I link my kids his account to mine so they can use a Pandora premium with their own stations

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mrs_blake2009 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

It sounds like you are looking to upgrade to the Family Plan, so that you can pay for one subscription, and add your kids separate account to the plan.

Switching to the Family Plan:

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end. 

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Adding others to your Family Plan:

After switching over to the Family Plan, you will then be able to invite others to join your subscription.

To invite someone to your family plan:

1. Make sure you're logged in with your master account (the one you used to upgrade to Premium Family);
  2. Visit the Subscription section of the account.
  3. Select Manage Family to view the main family plan management page;
  4. Send a family plan invite to an email address your family member can access, even if it's different from the email address on their Pandora account. (They'll be able to enter the login information for their Pandora account later, even if its under a different email.)
  5. Have them open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add their Pandora account to your family plan.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos

rbloom
Local Performer

I am having a similar problem.  Only my Apple account says that it is expired.  I cancelled before the bill date, so I thought Pandora would know that my account is no longer active via iTunes.  I just want to convert to a family plan at this point.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rbloom Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I do see you were able to successfully upgrade to the Family Plan shortly after your subscription through Apple expired.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Farmerdds
Local Performer

If you cancel your plan on Apple to sign up for the family plan, will you lose your playlists? Also, on the family plan does everyone have access to playlists offline?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Farmerdds Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Will you lose your collection when switching to Premium Family?:

Only for that short time between when your current subscription through Apple expires, and when you resubscribe to Premium Family.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

When your subscription through Apple expires and you start hearing ads again, you can upgrade to Premium Family through the Pandora website

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will everyone have access to Offline Mode?:

Yes - everyone who you invite to the plan will have the ability to download content for Offline Mode as long as they accept their invitation.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

KayKay523
Local Performer

My bank card was compromised so I had to get a new one.  I got an email to make a payment and it gave me the option of paying through iTunes, which I did.  Well iTunes doesnt have a Premium family plan so my kids lost their access.  I canceled through iTunes and they refunded my money, it shows cancelled as of March 10, 2021 but I am still unable to add the Premium Family back on because it states iTunes still has the account.  Is there any way to get it back? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KayKay523 I had someone from our support team manually set your account back to the free service.

You should now be able to resubscribe to Premium Family here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Cornuetjoe
Local Performer

Is there a way I can listen to Pandora and my listen at the same time without one of us getting kicked out of pandora? I’m a premium member

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cornuetjoe I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

The only way to accomplish this, would be to create new accounts for each of your family members, and then have them sign into their new accounts on their different devices.

You can then upgrade to the Family Plan, and invite those new accounts they created to join.

Once everyone is added to your Family Plan, you will all be able to listen on your different devices at the same time.

Check out the accepted solution for more information around switching from an individual Premium subscription through Apple to a Premium Family subscription directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mtnmouse2005
Local Performer

Hi there,

Looking for help.  Currently have a Plus account and want to change to Premium Family but got a note that I can't since the account was started with iTunes.  Was told in note to cancel with iTunes and restart with Premium Family on the Pandora site, but do not want to lose my stations which are extremely dialed in to music I like after several years.  Anyone know if I will lose my playlists/stations if I cancel through iTunes and restart somehow through Pandora with Premium Family?