cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

Local Performer

I just canceled my pandora subcription which I had through itunes.  I want to resubscribe to the pandora family plan through Pandora but it says my subscription doesn't expire until 12/2.  Is there a way to force this subscription to end now, so I don't have to wait?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Upgrading to Premium Family while upgraded through Apple

@l29jm3 Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end. 

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family from a computer, not a mobile device.

Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Upgrading to Premium Family while upgraded through Apple

@l29jm3 Unfortunately, there isn't a way to force end your current subscription through Apple on our end. 

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

Once you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family from a computer, not a mobile device.

Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Upgrade to Family from Apple

Local Performer

Ok. I had a subscription through Apple with the premium plan. I wanted the family plan so I followed the directions on how to cancel my plan through Apple. I still cannot subscribe through Pandora as is continues to say I am signed up through Apple. How long does it usually take to reset? It’s been a week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade issue

Hi @amyluke Welcome to community! Your subscription through Apple will remain active until the billing cycle ends. It looks like your subscription through Apple will end around 1/10/2019. 

Once the subcrption ends, you'll be able to join Premium Family, please visit our upgrade page from a computer (not a mobile device). Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Upgrade to Family plan after canceling with Apple

Local Performer

...it says I have an active Pandora Plus  subscription through iTunes (which I cancelled two days ago). Even on the Pandora Radio site it states that my suscription was ended on 12/18/19. But when trying to upgrade it,  it says I must first cancel the subscription in iTunes first. I have contacted the Apple Support Team, and they verified the subscription is cancelled on their side. So, what do I have to do to upgrade?

Image 12-19-19 at 8.43 AM.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade to Family plan after canceling with Apple

@rrada1810 Our support team has taken a look at your account and mentioned that you were able to successfully upgrade to the family plan shortly after contacting us via the community.

Is there anything else you needed assistance with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

What was the answer? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@guygraham Now that your subscription through Apple has expired, you can upgrade to Pandora Premium Family by visiting this link from a browser. 

Hope this helps. Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

That worked, thank you. I am having a related issue, however. I am trying to add a family member. This person had a subscription, and I cancelled it. iTunes said it expired yesterday. But again, when I try to add them, I get a message on their account that they are still a subscriber, as you can see in the screen shots. It is also odd that there are blank spaces in your error message. To be quite frank, upgrading my subscription and adding just two family members has been quite an onerous process, with me having to log in and log out on the different devices multiple times to invite, to accept, etc., and account subscription problems like this. There surely is a better way. I had actually planned on dropping the subscription entirely and using Apple Music exclusively but I had pushback from my family members.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 5.42.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-03 at 5.42.33 PM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @guygraham I've asked our User Support team to reach out to you about this. They will be contacting you via the email associated with your Pandora account. Please be on the look out for this email. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: family plan

Local Performer

my apple settings say "select an option to resubscribe" but I can't seem to get signed up for Premium Family on Pandora. I haven't gotten any reminders from Pandora yet. Is there a certain time of day after expiration that I'll be notified?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: family plan

Hi @SS It looks like your Premium subscription is still active. You may still have time left on your subscription through Apple based on when you cancelled and when your renewal date is.

I believe you can view the expriation date from the subscription tag on your iOS device under your Apple ID.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, that's how you'll know your subscriptoin through Apple has ended. 

Once that happensyou can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

Hope this helped to explain. 🎧Thanks for posting to community!

0 Kudos