cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

l29jm3
Local Performer

I just canceled my pandora subcription which I had through itunes.  I want to resubscribe to the pandora family plan through Pandora but it says my subscription doesn't expire until 12/2.  Is there a way to force this subscription to end now, so I don't have to wait?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
99 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdwestby No - canceling your subscription through Apple, and resubscribing directly through our website will not result in the loss of any of your stations/thumb ratings.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

myablonicky
Local Performer

I have ios devices: ipad, iPhone and macs... I just updated to Pandora Premium and I'm trying to add accounts to the family plan.  Its telling me I can only manage my subscription through iTunes... i don't think iTunes even exists anymore... please help me add accounts to my subscription

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@myablonicky The Premium Family plan is not currently available through Apple.

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

If you need any assistance with this, you can contact our support team directly through our help page here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Mronk78
Local Performer

I’m trying to get pandora family plan. I have already cancelled through iTunes witch ended yesterday. It’s still saying I can not upgrade till I cancel.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mronk78 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

CSpencer
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CSpencer It looks like your account has now reverted back to the free service.

You can upgrade to the Premium Family plan here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

saul661
Local Performer

I want to get pandora for my family; however, iTunes does not let me cancel because I am on my first free trial month, how do I cancel a free trial month? I am stuck with premium and unable to cancel so that I can get pandora for my family for the yearly subscription. iTunes does not offer the yearly subscription.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saul661 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

snuckers
Local Performer

I got married and want to out my account and my spouses under the family plan. How is this done?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@snuckers Nice to see you around the Community.

Canceling your subscription through Apple and resubscribing to our Premium Family plan:

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

You can find instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Apple here.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

Adding your wife to your Premium Family plan:

Once you officially upgrade to the Premium Family plan after your subscription through Apple expires, you can then send an invitation to your wife's separate Pandora account.

To invite her to your family plan:

1. Make sure you're logged in with your master account (the one you used to upgrade to Premium Family);
  2. Visit the Subscription section of the account.
  3. Select Manage Family to view the main family plan management page;
  4. Send a family plan invite to an email address your family member can access, even if it's different from the email address on their Pandora account. (They'll be able to enter the login information for their Pandora account later, even if its under a different email.)
  5. Have them open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add their Pandora account to your family plan or create a new Pandora account if they don't have one.

Keep in mind, upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

For more more information about Premium Family Plan, please click here

I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos

SUTTONFOREVER
Local Performer

Hey! I cancelled my premium subscriptions that renews on 11/16.. and I cannot upgrade to the family plan. Was curious how long you have to wait to upgrade after a cancellation? Thank You!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SUTTONFOREVER When your subscription through Apple fully expires and begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

*You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

0 Kudos

1cleanpapa
Local Performer

I'm worried about losing all my content going from premium to family.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1cleanpapa Switching from Pandora Premium to a Premium Family subscription will not result in the loss of any of your collected content or preferences.

Just make sure when you upgrade, you are upgrading the same account, and not creating a new one.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

1cleanpapa
Local Performer

Thank you.    

jleontx
Local Performer
  • I went through this problem before I do not want to renew Pandora on Apple however, someway it got renewed on Apple and now my family is blocked from using Pandora can you please resubscribe me to the regular family plan on Pandora I don’t wanna have to re-enroll each of my family members again like I did last time this is Search a hassle
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jleontx I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

ryates
Local Performer

I have premium but I was wanting to sign up for the family one.  Not sure how to do it. When I go into my subscription, I don’t get the option.  How do I get it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ryates I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Apple sub

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, you'll first need to cancel your subscription with Apple, and then wait for your it to expire.

This will not result in the loss of any of your collected stations or playlists.

*You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further trouble.

0 Kudos