cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Buffering on WiFi and Cellular

cknapp84
Local Performer

I’ve reinstalled, logged off, reset phone and my pandora just keeps buffering. Ads will play but no music plays. I’ve tried WiFi and cell data. No music. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

cknapp84
Local Performer

Tanner, 

Thanks for the reply. Turns out Verizon needed to update my phone to an eSIM to correct the constant buffering issue. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Ron67
Local Performer

Same here.  Using iphone15pro.   Have turned off the phone and still no help. Not having this problem with other apps.  Paying money for no music.  How do I get credit for days it’s not working????

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ron67 

Welcome to community!

Since you mentioned that this is happening on your iPhone, I moved your message over to our iOS Board.

To further assist I've escalated your post to our Pandora Care team. They will respond via the email associated with your Pandora account. Please be on the look out for their reply.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cknapp84 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear this is happening. Sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting steps. The only other suggestion I recommend is toggling the cellular network.

• Go to your iPhone Settings.
  • Tap on Cellular, then toggle Cellular Data off and back on.
  • Finally, scroll down in Cellular Data section and toggle the Pandora app off and back on.

In the meantime, I'm happy to pass this along. Can you please confirm:

• The model of your iPhone
  • iOS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cknapp84
Local Performer

Tanner, 

Thanks for the reply. Turns out Verizon needed to update my phone to an eSIM to correct the constant buffering issue. Thanks. 

TannerPandora

Oh, that's good news. Glad that it's resolved now, @cknapp84.

Let us know if you run into trouble again. Happy listening!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

IamDame
Local Performer

I still have same issue. Hasn’t been fixed and it’s awful my music speeds up when I give the car gas!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@IamDame I created a new thread for your post as the original issue associated with the thread you posted on is now resolved.

You commented on a thread regarding buffering and skipping issues, however it sounds like you are having issues with the music speeding up.

1. Can you please clarify what your exact experience is?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?
  4. Does this only happen when streaming Pandora in your car, or when listening directly through your phone as well?
  5. When connected to your vehicle, are you listening via bluetooth, or are you connected through a USB?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Bcninjakitty
Local Performer

Pandora keeps skipping and not letting me play songs 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Bcninjakitty I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

I recommend running through our suggested troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If that does not resolve the issue you are experiencing, I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team.

Could you tell me more about your device?
  • Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.
0 Kudos

Msmck88
Local Performer

iPhone using Pandora just beffering until it times out.

Constant buffering issues.  I have tried many potential solution but none work.  My wife is able to use Pandora successfully with no problem.  I can't and Pandora support\troubleshooting on their site is useless.  

I am going to drop my subscription and use Apple Music instead.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Msmck88 I definitely understand your frustration. If you'd prefer not to invest any more time, we totally understand.

If you'd like to work on this a bit more, I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team.

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Or does the app buffer both on WiFi and cellular data?

0 Kudos

Msmck88
Local Performer

I have an iPhone 11 

Carrier : Verizon

Version: IOS Version 17.6.1

Pnadora Version: 2406.1

When i turn off Cellular Data I cannot even get into Pandora.  That must mean it is an Wi-Fi issue?

Thank you for your help.  My wifes Pandora App with the same account works perfectly.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Msmck88 Thanks for following up.

To clarify:

• When using cellular data, you see the "buffering" message when launching the Pandora app?
  • When using WiFi, Pandora does not open at all? If so, does the app open, and then immediately close and you are sent back to your device's home screen?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Pjmkm
Local Performer

Buffering nonstop. iPhone 8 and Bose speaker. Recently went to fiber connection for WiFi?

0 Kudos

LeonPandora

@Pjmkm 

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Pandora buffers and skips on cellular

If you haven't already, you can try the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you're still having troubles after trying these steps, I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team.

• Carrier:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

0 Kudos