cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Devices: Slow response or freezes

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

Starting 7/4/23 the Pandora app on the Fire TV experiencing slow updates and delayed input. The music plays without an issue. When songs change onto the next the screen updates in about 4-5 seconds. Inputs are delayed the same amount of time. For instance, when you move left or right to choose next or thumbs up the screen is delayed 5 seconds before it updates. The functionality happens normally, though. Once you move, even though the screen hasn't updated, it accepts input on the control you are "on".

No other apps on the tv experience this issue. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
119 Replies

sean_hall
Underground

It has been a month and I am still having this problem.  Is there a fix yet?

Yea I figured that once it said solved there would be no more effort on the problem.  I was hoping by commenting again it would reopen the ticket.  

thanks for your response.

mod edit: merged comments

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone. 👋

The latest update from @TannerPandora has been marked as the solution so that others can view it prior to posting on the thread. In the meantime, I've added the most recent reports to the internal ticket we have open with our tech team. 

Pandora Update: 8/10/2023

Hello!

Thank you all for posting your experience with slowness on your Fire TV Devices. We understand that this is a frustrating issue and we are currently investigating.

While our teams have some theories as to what may be happening, the cause is still be investigating as there have been no changes to the Pandora app on Fire TV from our end. As a result, they have reached out to Amazon for further assistance in their efforts to determine what may be happening.

If you're new to this thread and have been experiencing this issue with Fire TV devices, feel free to post on this thread. Your information will be added to our internal ticket. All other listeners who have previously posted have already been added.

Thank you for your continued patience while this is being looked into.

*Note: This message has also been accepted as the Solution of this thread to flag the current status of this issue. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.*

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

sean_hall
Underground

If you mark it solved and leave it up there, you will not get any more reports about the problem.  A solved ticket means there is no urgency to correct the issue.  Which is proven by almost a month going by with the issue “solved” with no change in the problem.  Marking it solved gets it out of your queue but does not help the paying customers that want the problem fixed.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @sean_hall. 👋

Sorry for any confusion!

We don't have a queue on the Pandora Community. 

For known issues, solutions can alert other community members about troubleshooting steps and the current status as it's flagged higher in a respective thread. 

While I understand this has been a frustrating issue, your input is appreciated and we will continue to provide all feedback on this thread on an internal ticket with our engineers. 

Thanks so much for your patience during this process. 🤝

*Please note: The accepted solution of this thread is meant to flag the current status of this issue.

This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.*

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

diverminh
Underground

Looks like they have fixed the lagging problem.  Mine is working ok now without the lagging.  Is it my imagination or is the audio quality went down with this lagging fix?

0 Kudos

sean_hall
Underground
As of this morning the lag was gone for about 10 min and then came back for me. No audio issues for me.
0 Kudos

Dmmitchem
Underground

No change on mine. 

0 Kudos

diverminh
Underground

My bad.  Problem is not fixed.  Lagging came back after 10minutes like sean_hall has indicated.

0 Kudos

Fuller108
Local Performer

Yep.  Been having this problem for months and my patience is wearing thin.  Tried everything that was mentioned from this thread and other sites and nothing.

Personally up at this point is on Pandoras or Amazons end, either from a simple programming error, Amazon devices are limited (for some odd reason) and Pandora might need a separate UI for Amazon, or signal connection, or signal speed issue from Pandora to Amazon.  The accumulative delayed connection or speed (if its an overall connection issue) from the 2 systems would affect the consumer's devices.

I could be wrong and i dont mind being wrong, but for months of having this issue and no solution nor update is disappointing, on both sides. All i can do is express, to my ability, what i think the problem is, because sharing what the problem could be to isolate what the issue is, whether it get sent to Both engineering departments or not, is better than keeping the same problem for months.

Thank you for your time.

inline_phil
Underground

One other symptom worth mentioning is that even though the lag time between pressing a button is long, pressing enter as if the screen showed movement works. For example, scrolling down three stations and pressing enter selects that station even though the display shows the cursor has not moved.

0 Kudos

JenH83
Local Performer

Mine is the same. Anything I click on, it takes forever to get to. Including going to my stations, pushing pause, thumbing up or down….extremely delayed. Music still plays which is good. 

0 Kudos

Joe_Mama
Local Performer

Better get this worked out ASAP. Don't want to lose this households accounts. There is nearly 20 of us.

0 Kudos

jsettecase
Opening Act

Some NEW information on this problem. My Firestick when using the Pandora APP on the home screen still severely lags, but the other day, I used the Alexa MIC Button on the Remote and asked to 'Play Classic Rock on Pandora'. It opened a very different looking GUI that doesn't show my stations. However, this GUI does NOT LAG! This GUI also mutes the picture (goes to black) if I don't interact or 'thumb up/down' a song. Not sure where this different GUI comes from, but this may be good info for Pandora to know. Hopefully, they will see this. I still want my regular Pandora APP to work again. It is extremely frustrating. This problem has been going on for months!

jvidmar
Underground

Hello Alyssa-

Just curious if there are any updates on the Pandora/Amazon Firestick issue.

Take care~

Jim

avonnieda
Underground

Came here thinking "Oh great there's already a solution". Nope. Stupid that this is marked solved.

0 Kudos

JenH83
Local Performer

Yeah, that is dumb. Especially since people are obviously still having this issue.

G2K
Underground

So about to hit 3 months since first noticed problem, some of us have been very patient. I have been paying for pandora premium since 2011. I have a hard time believing a company that made over $2 billion off of us last year can't fix this quicker than it's taking. I am now to the point of consider other options, you continue to take my money even though I am not getting my full experience. Very disappointing 

PAT_CDL
Local Performer

Having the same issue as everyone above for the past 3 months. I have Fire TV cubes and 4K Fire Sticks.  This is probably going to force me to discontinue my paid subscription of Pandora.  It's pretty sad that the developers can't figure anything out.  Maybe it's an issue with Amazon running the show.  They might be trying to direct people to their music service instead by sabotaging the Pandora app.  Either way it's extremely frustrating and pretty much unusable at this point so I will begin to look elsewhere.

JoJoAnn
Local Performer

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos

Csakid
Local Performer

Same issue here with a Fire TV 4K Max. 

0 Kudos