cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Harquero
Local Performer

I have been on the Pandora premium plan for a couple of years and want to upgrade to a Family plan so my kids can create accounts.  However, based on the research I have done, I have to CANCEL my subscription on Google Play and then wait for the monthly subscription to expire before upgrading?  Can someone please confirm if this is the case?  E.g. there has to be a way to just upgrade the plan immediately.  thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jrblock89 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jamieleeuthe
Local Performer

If I am trying to switch to a family plan do I need to cancel both mine and my husband's accounts or just mine? I know I need to wait until it is completely canceled but just need to know if it's just one or both? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jamieleeuthe I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

jalmaraz
Local Performer

I want to cancel my Pandora subscription; however, it is no longer active in Google Play.

I've been following all of the suggestions to cancel my pandora premium account so I can get a family account; however, my payment changed so it didn't go through this month and is no longer active in Google Play. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jalmaraz I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos

dbarnett60
Local Performer

Why can't I get help from pandora to upgrade my account. I am very irritated and giving serious thought to canceling my account and going to Spotify. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dbarnett60 Welcome to community.

I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I'll need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dbarnett60
Local Performer
What is to explain? I want to upgrade my account through your app and
can't. I want a premium family account. I can't do it through app.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dbarnett60 Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

It looks like your account is currently upgraded through Google Play.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Manage my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you'll then be able to upgrade to a Premium Family plan.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

sskyking1
Local Performer

Clearly, the "moderators" are either chatbots, or are using canned, cut&paste replies that do nothing to address the complaints being raised here.  I did IT Support for 35 years, and these are simply non-answers that ignore the basic issue.  The offered "solutions" are a major inconvenience to what are obviously loyal customers!  It simply makes no sense that there is no way to go ahead and set up the subscription for the family plan directly from Pandora without waiting for the Google Play subscription to expire!  Yes, it would mean being billed twice for the same, single month subscription, but that would probably be preferable to most customer to having to wait up to 30 days (or more on the annual plan) to complete a process they want to do NOW!

This entire strategy is INSANE and very poor customer service!

0 Kudos

Urbanplumbing
Local Performer

I'm currently on Pandora Plus via Google Play. I see that I need to cancel that subscription in order to do the upgrade.  I've been on this plan for several years with over a thousand thumbs up songs and several thumbs down. My concern is will I lose all my work I've put in on my Playlist. Can someone confirm that I can keep my existing Playlist and not have to start all over again with a new family plan.

James

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Urbanplumbing I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

I do see you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Google Play.

Canceling your subscription through Google Play, and upgrading to the Premium Family plan through our website will not result in the loss in any of your thumb ratings/stations/preferences.

Everything will remain in tact as long as you upgrade this same account and do not create a new one.

If you experience any issues after upgrading, please contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the community! :pandora:

0 Kudos