cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Missing Downloads

amyliz
Underground

All of a sudden, my hundred+ downloaded songs are no longer there....  I don't know what happened, but would like to get them back!  I have an iphone.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

amyliz
Underground
I was able to get my downloads by signing out and back in again.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @amyliz. 👋

Thanks for posting about your missing downloads.

You can listen to your offline stations as long you'd like. However, it's important to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network every 30 days so we can re-authorize access. This connection will also help us update your stations and record your thumb feedback to improve them. If you remain in Offline Mode for 30 days or more your offline content will be removed automatically.

Could you confirm whether you've been in offline mode for 30 days or more? Have you signed out of the app recently and signed back in? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

amyliz
Underground
Hi there.
I was in airplane mode for about 10 days while traveling.
I just signed out and back in and now I only have 1 downloaded song... I
had 3 yesterday. But, I had close to 100 before. I have been a Pandora
listening forever and my downloaded list is long.. I will be very sad if
it lost.
Thanks for your help.
Amy
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the reply, @amyliz

Signing out of the Pandora app or or being in Offline Mode for over 30 days will remove the downloads and will require you to restart the download process the next time you go online.

Are the downloads completely missing or do you need to re-download them?

Re-downloading:

To download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

++

Could you share more details about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Has your phone battery completely died recently?

Let me know as I'd like to report this issue for you. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

amyliz
Underground
I was able to get my downloads by signing out and back in again.
Thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Thanks so much for letting me know, @amyliz. Glad to hear that you were able to re-download them. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos

Oneloveeend1723
Local Performer

This is the second time now that ALL of my downloaded music has completely disappeared!! I’ve been a PAID PREMIUM MEMBER FOR ABOUT 10 yrs & custom service DOESNT help or fix the situation AT ALL! Somebody please HELP ME!

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Oneloveeend1723 👋

Thank you for sharing your experience and being a part of the Community! To tidy up things, I moved your original post to an existing thread under iOS: Missing Downloads

I understand your frustration and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Did you recently sign out of Pandora or were you in Offline Mode for more than 30 days?

You can listen to your offline stations as long you'd like. However, it's important to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network every 30 days so we can re-authorize access. This connection will also help us update your stations and record your thumb feedback to improve them. If you remain in Offline Mode for 30 days or more your offline content will be removed automatically.

Could you confirm whether you've been in offline mode for 30 days or more? Have you signed out of the app recently and signed back in? 

Let me know. 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Judyfan
Local Performer

Do I logout and then Try to download music 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Judyfan I'm showing your account is currently set up with the free service.

The option to download content for Offline Mode is only an option when upgrading to either Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium.

If you are interested in upgrading, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dxh
Local Performer

Hi,

Longtime Pandora Premium subscriber, currently using iOS version 2308.1 an iPhone 11

I spent some time Saturday in remote areas where cell service wasn’t available amd ran through the 20 or songs I have downloaded pretty fast. Once back on Wi-Fi I spent quite a bit of time choosing more songs and downloading them. Or so I thought.

The next day, when I returned to BFE and lost cell service, I confidently switched to a offline mode and then searched for downloaded content. There was none. Even the 20 songs hat were available just 24 hours earlier were missing. 

Where is my downloaded content?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dxh I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

• Has your phone been restarted recently (manual restart or through an update)?
  • Did you sign out of your Pandora account, or were the downloads there one day and not the next? 

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Dxh
Local Performer

Hi @AdamPandora

I restart my iPhone once a week because I think it's good practice, the last time I did this was Saturday afternoon.

Prior to the restart, I had a small collection of downloaded songs available as offline content. 

Saturday evening I selected dozens of songs for download on my phone via WiFi. Individually, I would tap into the song and tap the download arrow. A message would appear in the upper left of the screen telling me that the song was downloading.

The next day I looked for my downloaded songs but all were missing, even the songs that were previously available Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for the reply,

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dxh Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

LisaLisa_B
Local Performer

How can I get my songs back that were deleted for offline play? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LisaLisa_B. 👋

Thanks for posting about your downloads. I moved your new post over to this existing thread to keep everything tidy: iOS: Missing Downloads

Could you share a few more details about your offline downloads?

Were they fully removed? Or, do they need to be redownloaded again?

++

Downloading Offline Content:

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. ⬇️

• This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.
  • If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.
  • If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

Something to note: Logging out of the Pandora app or reinstalling the app on a device that has offline mode capability would result in the removal of content. This action (signing out of the app and signing back in) resets the download process. However, it would still be downloadable upon signing back in. It's also helpful to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes. 

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

0 Kudos

LisaLisa_B
Local Performer
Hi, yes. I did redownload the app. All of my music on the offline
downloaded part was removed. Should I sign out and sign back in?
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @LisaLisa_B 

If you were automatically logged in when you installed the app again, then yes, I would recommend manually signing out and then back in. This helps to create a fresh connection and resync with Pandora.

Once you're logged back in I recommend playing the Pandora app and leave it in the foreground on your iPhone when re-downloading your offline content. That's because iOS will automatically stop background activity from an app that isn't actively being used. This means if you start a download and leave the Pandora app you are more likely to experience problems with content not finishing the download process.

Let us know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos