cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TVs: No Sound

Damien
Local Performer

I have a new Sony Bravia smart TV with Pandora. Sometimes there is sound when I’m playing a song; sometimes there isn’t; it seems to take several hours for the sound to start working.

This has nothing to do with the TV’s volume, which is turned up. My wife has a second Sony Bravia smart TV downstairs (the new one is on the second floor) which has never had the sound problem. But it happened at least one since I got the new TV.

Even though we have separate Pandora accounts, the no sound issue keeps happening on my TV upstairs. I believe we set up my new TV using her Google account.

Anyone got a solution? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
46 Replies

littlebatty
Local Performer

We have the same problem on our Shield as Don.  It works maybe a couple times a week and even though we like what Pandora gives us, we're looking elsewhere.

0 Kudos

hspcauspnc
Local Performer

better than unplugging the tv, but why does this happen, shouldn't it clear the cache by itself, or be programmed by pandora? 

0 Kudos

littlebatty
Local Performer

I found a "workaround" using a desktop browser.  In Edge go to the Pandora site, click the three dots then More Tools -> Cast Media to device.  It found my Shield and played there.  This should work on any chromium-based browser, but the steps here are for Edge.

0 Kudos

CNAQUIN
Local Performer

No sound is coming through on my Sony Bravia tv

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CNAQUIN I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android TVs: No Sound

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

HMan1
Underground

I unplugged my Sony TV and the sound came back on! So now I know what to do in the future!

Brelro
Local Performer

What is the problem w Sony Bravia and Pandora?...

This happens to me almost ev-ery single time i try to open Pandora!! GETTING REALLY OLD!!  I'm not going to unplug my tv every time I want to use pandora. BUT I have to log out and log back in!! Pain in the you no what! 

I don't have to do this to ANY OTHER APP... 

What other music app is better than pandora so i can actually listen to music without having to go through all this ... stuff....

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brelro If you haven't already done so, please try running through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora suggested in his message above.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

Pandora has Zero game in this. They have zero technical support with any tv manufacturer. They refuse to either pay to be associated with it, or dont have a team that can fix the issue with the TV. The TV is not software supported by Pandora.. Period.

0 Kudos

Brelro
Local Performer
Well, this **ahem**. period 😉
Would another music app work better?
Spotify?
0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

I am using Tidal. No issues whatsoever. 

0 Kudos

Stellrchef
Local Performer

Same problem. Same TV. These fixes you’re talking about are only temporary and it’s a real pain to keep cycling through four or five troubleshooting tasks every time I want to listen to the Pandora app on my TV. No other app has the problem. I believe this has something to do with Pandora. Would you please fix it on your end.

0 Kudos

Stellrchef
Local Performer

I noticed that you’re app only has 2 1/2 stars. Since there is no other app that behaves this way (at least none I’ve experienced and certainly not what I’m seeing in the comments ), that really tells me it’s the Pandora app.  It needs fixing.

0 Kudos

tjmolnar
Local Performer

That worked for me too!

0 Kudos

HMan1
Underground
Glad it worked. I used to sell high-end home theatre systems and TV's.
I found many TV issues can be solved by turning them on and off. Same goes
if you have a comcast box.

I did get the Sony 2 channel sound system. If you get it make sure the
subwoofer is in a corner of a room. A friend of mine has one and he had it
placed between an end table and couch with not much if any room for the
sound to travel. Once we moved it the sound was fantastic..

*Regards,*

*Harold *
0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

What worked? Unplugging tv is unacceptable fix, workaround

0 Kudos

Daemn42
Local Performer

FWIW, I had this same problem of Panodra having no sound on Chromecast with Google TV (CCwGT) and I just went into Settings - Apps found Pandora and did a Force Stop.  When I restarted it, it worked normally.  Can't say why it happened or if it'll happen again.

0 Kudos

HMan1
Underground
I worked in the Stereo/TV industry late in my career and found that turning
TV's and stereo equipment off and waiting a few seconds and then turning
them back on resolves many issues.
Several times Pandora had no sound and I did this and it was resolved!

*Regards,*

*Harold *
0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

Shouldnt have to do anything. Pandora should kiss the ring, and get TV support. Its just money, not a glitch. Just not getting both companies to work to ensure their app works all the time, especially after updates/. 

0 Kudos

Craigdh57
Underground

Yeah but this happens every single day. No other app acts this way except Pandora. I am the same TV as the guy that had the original question

0 Kudos