cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Receiver - Basic Set-Up

CowsWithGuns
Underground

I have an iPhone with a Pandora Account.  I'm trying to have the ability to use my iPhone to select songs and sync with my home receiver (Sony STR-DN1040 Receiver).  I don't know how to start with this.  I tried to follow the Activation Code instructions, but it says click new user.  I already have an account.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

mod edit: removed personal info

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @CowsWithGuns! Thanks for posting. 

Can you let me know if your Sony receiver is a 2013 or newer model or if it's older than 2013. 

For most Sony home theater set-ups you should be able to launch the Pandora application and enter your credentials to log in.

The activation code, in this case, is used for listener who do not have Pandora account. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CowsWithGuns
Underground

First of all thank for your help.

The Sony Receiver was released on 5/16/13 per Sony

I have a Pandora account on my iPhone but I'm trying to get an activation code to enter into the phone app.  I want to be able to use my iPhone to play songs thru my home Sony Receiver.  

I cannot seem to find out where to get an activation code to enter into the phone.

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CowsWithGuns!

Just to clarify, on your receiver, are you able to launch the Pandora app on the device directly?

If so, can you send over a picture of what you're seeing?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CowsWithGuns
Underground

Thanks for your help.

I finally figured it out.  I added the receiver sidebar on my iphone.  I can now sign into Pandora on my iphone and select my home receiver to play the music in my home from my iphone.

Thanks, problem solved.

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @CowsWithGuns! Glad that you got it working. 🎉😄

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos