cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unexpected Error with our Server" Message

ReggieC
Local Performer

I'm getting an "Unexpected error with our server - Please retry or visit the Pandora Home Page" message on my Westinghouse smart TV. I've tried resetting the TV, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reggie

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ReggieC
Local Performer
Well, I unplugged my television for about 15 minutes. When I plugged it back in, Pandora was working again. I got this solution from the regular internet and it worked. Reggie

View solution in original post

27 Replies

EFNComplicatedY
Underground

Received on my screen: "we're sorry there has been an unexpected error with our server" Question: are there any recommended solutions to this (um) "unexpected" error? Pandora running on Sony UBP-X800 blu-ray. The error is not seen on Pandora running my lap-top.

0 Kudos

davevondo
Local Performer

I have the same error message and have tried everything... still getting it.... I have reset everything and this has never happened before. Subscription is paid through PayPal auto pay

0 Kudos

bobchef
Local Performer

I am receiving the same Server Error with my DVD player!Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos

bobchef
Local Performer

I have the same problem with the same Blu-Ray player!!!

0 Kudos

speakergod
Local Performer

Same message on my Samsung blue ray and other Samsung in other room

0 Kudos

rhlsr208
Local Performer

I'm getting the same error message ... Does Pandora do anything about it ?

I called Samsung and they completly reset my whole TV and still the same error message ...

@ReggieC wrote:

I'm getting an "Unexpected error with our server - Please retry or visit the Pandora Home Page" message on my Westinghouse smart TV. I've tried resetting the TV, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reggie

Pandora Error.jpg

@ReggieC wrote:

Thanks,

Reggie

0 Kudos

ReggieC
Local Performer
Well, I unplugged my television for about 15 minutes. When I plugged it back in, Pandora was working again. I got this solution from the regular internet and it worked. Reggie

View solution in original post

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @ReggieC @rhlsr208 @bobchef @davevondo.

Sorry about the error message you're receiving.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

++

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Let me know if you continue to run into trouble.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @speakergod @bobchef @EFNComplicatedY.

I moved your posts over to this thread as it appears you all are receiving very similar error messages on your in-home devices.

Please try out the steps mentioned in my message here

Let me know if this helps with that error message.

0 Kudos

EFNComplicatedY
Underground
I don’t know what corrected this error. But Pandora began to run again 24 hours after I reported it not working. In my queries, Pandora blamed Sony and Sony blamed Pandora. My guess is that simply Pandora went down temporarily.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for letting me know.

Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues @EFNComplicatedY @ReggieC.

Enjoy the tunes, and see ya around the community! 🎧

0 Kudos

NotCook
Local Performer

Not all the same: for the pas week mine has been saying 

“Unexpected error

An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again

Close (in a box)”

0 Kudos

robertss67
Local Performer

getting same sh*t no help from a human at all! all my streamers some wifi some ethernet! worked just fine 2 hours ago! pandora has enough cash to pay a live Andrea

0 Kudos

Tad32
Local Performer

I started getting the same error today. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app (on my tv) worked for me.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear you're back up and listening @Tad32!

Was this on an LG TV?

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Tad32
Local Performer

Yes, sorry LG uk6300

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Tad32! Just wanted to be sure. 😉

Happy Wednesday!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

DefyingLabels
Underground

I’m still experiencing this issue, the app is on my Sony Blu-ray and my tv is Panasonic.

AdamPandora

@DefyingLabels This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos