cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

ieatwhirledpeas
Local Performer
If you cancel, you will lose access to your songs, albums, playlists, and downloads, as soon as your subscription expires."

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ieatwhirledpeas When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

64 Replies

hbentley1213
Local Performer

I have a premium subscription but I need to take a few months off and I was wondering if it will cause me to lose all my playlists. Is there a way to just skip the month but still keep my collected music?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hbentley1213 There isn't a way to take a few months off or "freeze" your subscription.

What you will need to do is manage your subscription to prevent it from renewing while you won't be using it. 

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ieatwhirledpeas When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

dodolamy
Local Performer

Hello, is there a way to pause the account if I don't use it for a few months? Hulu has this function, not sure if Pandora can do this? If it doesn't, then if I cancel my account and re-subscribe later, will I loose all my stations? and does Pandora not have customer support anymore? this community is the only place to ask questions now?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dodolamy I moved your post to this thread as I provided some information around this in my message above

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To address your question about our support team:

Our support team is still available to answer any questions you have - if you ever need to reach out to them in the future, you can fill out the contact form located on our help page.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

speedy6k
Local Performer

I had to let my subscription expire due to banking issues. When I renew my subscription, will I get all my music (playlists, albums, etc) I collected back? I had premium for two years and really didnt want to go through this, but...

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@speedy6k I created a new thread for your post to keep the community tidy.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

You can resubscribe using the following link.

Alternatively, you can also unlock complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium by searching for a song or album and pressing Play. Then your full collection, including any playlists, will be visible again.

0 Kudos

ShawnStevens
Local Performer

I was wondering if all the songs you've saved in your subscription in your collection stay there if you miss your payment? And if so, why cant you recover them, instead of having to build a new collection.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @ShawnStevens thanks for posting to community! 🎶 To clarify, are you referring to your offline content or content in your collection?

If a subscription lapses or if an account is downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection (songs and albums) or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

If you're missing content from your collection, can you let me know if it's songs, albums or playlist?

If you're missing your offline content, unfortunately, this will need to be redownloaded for offline listening. There currently is a post about this in our Feature Request Board.

If you'd like to the ability to restore offline content, I'd recommmend visiting the post and voting to see this on Pandora. Our Feature Request board is a great place for new ideas and feedback. You can post the idea you'd like to see on Pandora or like those posts from other listeners. 

Hope this was helpful. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

saltimbocca
Local Performer

I have an invididual Pandora Plus subscription through iTunes with over 8 years of history. I want to upgrade to Family Premium, but Pandora told me I need to cancel my iTunes subscription and re-sub through Pandora.

If I cancel my iTunes subscription and wait till the end of the month (when it expires) and then come over to Pandora, will my 8 years of history/stations/thumbs disappear? Does my account stay intact when I come back to the Family Premium subscription?

If there is a different way to convert my plan, I'd love some advice. Thanks.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saltimbocca I moved your post to this thread to keep the communitiy tidy.

Take a look at the message I provided above for more information on this.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

saltimbocca
Local Performer

Thanks Adam. To clarify:

1. I should go to iTunes and cancel my Plus subscription.

2. Let the remainder of the subscribed month play out.

3. After the subscrition ends, I come back to Pandora and Subscribe to Family Premium with the same username, email, etc...

4. All my stations, thumbs, and history will remain intact?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saltimbocca That's correct!

If you run into any issues with this down the line, don't hesitiate to @ me in this thread and I'll be happy to further assist. 

clarkearnold100
Local Performer

My Pandora subscription is billed by Google Play.

It appears that if i want to be billed directly by Pandora, then it is necessary to allow my billing from Google Play to expire.

After that, based on my short reading of info, it is indicated that i would then subscribe directly from Pandora. At that point,  Pandora would be the party that bills me.

If my understanding, as described above, is the correct way to change who bills me, will i lose My Collection and Playlists??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@clarkearnold100 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

When you cancel your subscription through Google Play, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe to Pandora Premium directly through Pandora. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

Dezsurtvue
Local Performer

If I close my account and then restart the account in a few days, will I loose all my playlists?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dezsurtvue Welcome to community! 👍

If you cancel your Premium subscription, the subscription will remain active until the end of the billing cycle, at which point your account will revert automatically to the free ad-supported version.

When your account is downgraded you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

When you're ready, you can resubscribe using the following link.

Hope this helped to answer your question. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

xsxexvxexnx
Local Performer
I really don't like that if I miss a payment and my subscription ends, I lose everything in my collection, all my playlists disappear, and I'm stuck with only my stations. Though, if I look at my profile, I can see all my playlists. Why don't those, as well as all my collected songs, reappear in my collection after I pay my subscription again? Is there an option to sync my account back up that I'm overlooking? Thank you for any response. mod edit: changing title for clarity
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @xsxexvxexnx Thanks for posting to community!

When an account is downgraded from Pandora Premium or Premium Family to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists, since these are features of Pandora Premium.

You can resubscribe using the following link.

Alternatively, you can also unlock complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium by searching for a song or album and pressing Play. Then your full collection, including any playlists, will be visible again.

Thanks again for posting to community! Hope to see you around more often. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos