cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Will I lose my collection after canceling Premium?

Local Performer
If you cancel, you will lose access to your songs, albums, playlists, and downloads, as soon as your subscription expires."

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Losing content after canceling Pandora Premium

@ieatwhirledpeas When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Highlighted

@ieatwhirledpeas When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

In the meantime, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Local Performer

I have the Premium plan, and am considering downgrading to the Plus plan, however before I do that, I'd like to know if I will be able to access any of the songs in my current Premium playlists if I down grade?  How about all the songs I've given a thumbs up to?   Could I access any of those?  In your reply to ieatwhirledpeas you said "including all thumb feedback and added variety."  What does this mean? I have no idea.  I have so many great songs in a couple of playlists in my Premium plan, but mostly I listen to only one radio station.  From what I understand so far, if I downgrade, I would lose access to all playlists, and thumbs up songs.  The only thing I can do with the Plus plan is listen to radio stations of my choosing.  Is this correct? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, @greatcallings9. 👋

When you downgrade to Premium you lose those features. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium. 

After downgrading, you will not be able to access your:

• On-demand music collection
  • Custom playlists (including My Thumbs Up playlists)

Please keep in mind, you will have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety to your actual stations. 

You will still have access to your Thumbprint Radio station. Regardless of your subscription level, your  station thumbs 👍👎 will always be available.

You can also unlock complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium by searching for a song or album and pressing Play. Then your full collection, including any playlists, will be visible again. 

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Changing bill

Local Performer

My Pandora subscription is billed by Google Play.

It appears that if i want to be billed directly by Pandora, then it is necessary to allow my billing from Google Play to expire.

After that, based on my short reading of info, it is indicated that i would then subscribe directly from Pandora. At that point,  Pandora would be the party that bills me.

If my understanding, as described above, is the correct way to change who bills me, will i lose My Collection and Playlists??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Changing bill

@clarkearnold100 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

When you cancel your subscription through Google Play, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists.

However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you resubscribe to Pandora Premium directly through Pandora. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

Highlighted

Is there a way to pause a subscription?

Local Performer

I have a premium subscription but I need to take a few months off and I was wondering if it will cause me to lose all my playlists. Is there a way to just skip the month but still keep my collected music?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Can I skip months?

@hbentley1213 There isn't a way to take a few months off or "freeze" your subscription.

What you will need to do is manage your subscription to prevent it from renewing while you won't be using it. 

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain. Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Pausing account

Local Performer

Hello, is there a way to pause the account if I don't use it for a few months? Hulu has this function, not sure if Pandora can do this? If it doesn't, then if I cancel my account and re-subscribe later, will I loose all my stations? and does Pandora not have customer support anymore? this community is the only place to ask questions now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Pausing account

@dodolamy I moved your post to this thread as I provided some information around this in my message above

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

To address your question about our support team:

Our support team is still available to answer any questions you have - if you ever need to reach out to them in the future, you can fill out the contact form located on our help page.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Will Premium collection return when I resubscribe?

Local Performer

I had to let my subscription expire due to banking issues. When I renew my subscription, will I get all my music (playlists, albums, etc) I collected back? I had premium for two years and really didnt want to go through this, but...

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Will Premium collection return when I resubscribe?

@speedy6k I created a new thread for your post to keep the community tidy.

When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Pandora Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Pandora Premium.

You can resubscribe using the following link.

Alternatively, you can also unlock complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium by searching for a song or album and pressing Play. Then your full collection, including any playlists, will be visible again.

0 Kudos